• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About this "meaningless" game and the draft

klumme

Just now, Asurfaholic said:

It’s not about pure logic sometimes. For 1, I love that team stuck it out and played to win. As a man I want to win every battle and seeing my team just piss away a contest for any reason should upset any true man. For 2, you can blow a 5th round pick just as easily as you can get a generational talent in the 2nd or 3rd. And 3, there is no part of me that would choose between a NFL suck record as we would have faced first 6-2 -> 6-10 record. That sort of thing last forever. We will take a good player where ever we pick, or we won’t. The exact positions aren’t worth getting bent out of shape over.

A man wins every battle?

You ever heard of a tactical retreat.

This isn't about one game, its about the big picture and overall war.

A smart man sees that.

A dumb 'real' man posts your kind of bullshit

Hurney does well with first rounders, I feel like we'll get a good player there.  The problem is the difference IMO is the 2nd and 3rd round.  having the 39th pick is drastically better than say the 50th overall.  at 39, you can still find and get a first round talent, at 50 though your hoping to find a starter and don't get me started on the third rounder, cuzz at our spot you'll be hoping for a starter by the end of the rookie contract.

3 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

A man wins every battle?

You ever heard of a tactical retreat.

This isn't about one game, its about the big picture and overall war.

A smart man sees that.

A dumb 'real' man posts your kind of bullshit

You are very butthurt.

Scratch my first reason if you can’t get on board with me being a silly. Im just referencing the warrior mentality that defines manly men- I know, a trait the neo feminists wish to eradicate. 

But the other two are logical reasons.

tactical retreat? In football? Are you fugging kidding me? And you imply I am dumb? 

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Hurney does well with first rounders, I feel like we'll get a good player there.  The problem is the difference IMO is the 2nd and 3rd round.  having the 39th pick is drastically better than say the 50th overall.  at 39, you can still find and get a first round talent, at 50 though your hoping to find a starter and don't get me started on the third rounder, cuzz at our spot you'll be hoping for a starter by the end of the rookie contract.

Oh god don't bring up Hurney and second round.  What is he at?  One possible good 2nd rounder in his career.  Donte Jackson?

1 minute ago, Asurfaholic said:

You are very butthurt.

Scratch my first reason if you can’t get on board with me being a silly. Im just referencing the warrior mentality that defines manly men- I know, a trait the neo feminists wish to eradicate. 

tactical retreat? In football? Are you fugging kidding me? And you imply I am dumb? 

32fdf122ad2d95341bebd22989a645eb.jpg

1 minute ago, Asurfaholic said:

You guys want a team that folds their last game intentionally- got it.

im glad we don’t have that.

go cry a river.

We won a glorified preseason game where our backups beat their backups where neither team had anything to gain and we had a ton to lose by winning... and dumbass fans like you want to stick your chests out like we accomplished something. It's comical.

3 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

You guys want a team that folds their last game intentionally- got it.

im glad we don’t have that.

go cry a river.

So can I get your opinion during the draft when we are picking 15th (it looks like) instead of 8th when we miss out on the elite defensive prospects?

Let me know

Just now, Asurfaholic said:

You are very butthurt.

They are not logical reasons and, yes, a dumb person would miss the strategic impact/loss that a win affords... if you, sir, are dumb remains to be seen in that you have opportunity to go "oh, I didn't realize that perspective"

To your specific "you can bust on any pick" is a nonsense arguement when faced with the fact that the likelyhood of you getting a worse player is higher with lower picks.

Anomalies that go against that trend are crap basis for an arguement because the arguement itself does not accept that you make decisions, for the best overall impact based on what gives you the best odds at a positive outcome.

Hence the reason for punting on 4th in your own territory.

Football is not in a vacuum for strategic defetes. Punting, kneeling to run out the clock and playing prevent are all examples of that strategy. 

And, lastly, some of the greatest war generals of all time have made logical retreats to win wars. Sometimes, at great cost... Dunkirk. 

Were those not 'manly men'? 

As an earlier post said, any fans that wanted to win today are short sighted.

And yes I'm butthurt. Panthers just put it to all of us... no lube.

2 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

this is the most empty win over the Aints in their own dome. i can't even care that we won because it meant nothing to either team and we've sacrificed draft position for nothing.

It means we at least wont have to look at more videos of Sean Paytons puckered asshole face dancing around with a broom.  I take some consolation in that.

14 minutes ago, Wyank said:

You should redo it with the best possible draft pick if we would have lost with what other teams did today and what we actually pick with the win.  I'm guessing 8th pick was the best we could of done.  The spots before we could even pick is irrelevant to what we could of got.

I think the best was a 7/8 pick and now I think we get 16/17 ish. 

Getting a pro bowl player with the 6-10 pick is 48% and pick 16-20 is 24% if you look at those 5 drafts. Getting a All Pro is is 32% and 16%

Archived