• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About this "meaningless" game and the draft

klumme

Instead of just arguing back and forward about if and how meaningless this game is, or if it really hurt our chances of hitting the jackpot in the draft... Well I took a look at the stats. With a win over the Saints we could lose about 10 draft positions, so here we go.

You normally say, a draft pick have to has three years in the league to really judge them, so I looked at the drafts in 2011-2015

Pro Bowls 

Top 10 vs 11-20 pick

58% vs 34%

Then what about All Pro?

34% vs 18%

Great win today.

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

We have some sorry fans

And you wanted to win for what reason?

Let me guess, you are a regular at posting inflamitory uninformed bullshit.

All the good feelings, momentum and 'you play to win the game' rhetoric is crap.

Winning today has zero strategic or logical upside.

Please, for the love of god, give me a strategic arguement for today being the right outcome 

It's a huge blow to win this game and any fan who can't see that is hopelessly short sighted. This is the equivalent of a preseason game... except that winning it will result in very meaningful negative impact on our draft pick values. Neither team had anything to play for and it was backups out there. 

Just now, Jimmy said:

Winning makes me smile, losing makes me frown. I like smiling. 

You do get what was at stake here, dont you?

Thats 5-10 spots back in each round.

A measurable and significant difference to the talent we can acquire in a draft we so desperately needed.

Thats less smiles over the next few years.

You do understand this right?

This win is terrible on so many levels.  We get a worse draft pick and a tougher schedule next season.  6 spots in the draft is like an extra 2nd round pick.  If someone offered you a 2nd round pick to lose a meaningless game, you guys are really saying no?

2 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

And you wanted to win for what reason?

Let me guess, you are a regular at posting inflamitory uninformed bullshit.

All the good feelings, momentum and 'you play to win the game' rhetoric is crap.

Winning today has zero strategic or logical upside.

Please, for the love of god, give me a strategic arguement for today being the right outcome 

It’s not about pure logic sometimes. For 1, I love that team stuck it out and played to win. As a man I want to win every battle and seeing my team just piss away a contest for any reason should upset any true man. For 2, you can blow a 5th round pick just as easily as you can get a generational talent in the 2nd or 3rd. And 3, there is no part of me that would choose between a NFL suck record as we would have faced first 6-2 -> 6-10 record. That sort of thing last forever. We will take a good player where ever we pick, or we won’t. The exact positions aren’t worth getting bent out of shape over.

1 hour ago, klumme said:

Instead of just arguing back and forward about if and how meaningless this game is, or if it really hurt our chances of hitting the jackpot in the draft... Well I took a look at the stats. With a win over the Saints we could lose about 10 draft positions, so here we go.

You normally say, a draft pick have to has three years in the league to really judge them, so I looked at the drafts in 2011-2015

Pro Bowls 

Top 10 vs 11-20 pick

58% vs 34%

Then what about All Pro?

34% vs 18%

Great win today.

You should redo it with the best possible draft pick if we would have lost with what other teams did today and what we actually pick with the win.  I'm guessing 8th pick was the best we could of done.  The spots before we could even pick is irrelevant to what we could of got.

Archived