• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton’s future interesting read from David Newton

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, grimesgoat said:

Do you read your own posts?  I went back and read them again.  There is nothing constructive there.  No ideas. No recommendations. Just the usual shitting on other posters and complaining about everything that went wrong except for our shitty QB play down the stretch.  Congrats on getting through 6 pages without labeling multiple posters racists - but we all know your schtick. 

Tbh, all you're really revealing is how much the mere presence of the discussion of race bothers you at your core and gets you so steaming mad that you bull rush into threads where it isn't even being discussed and start trying to pick a fight.

11 minutes ago, RumHam said:

0-11 on deep throws and what was he last year? Not even close either and the excuse was we didn't have a burner. Balls weren't even close to receivers he literally just heaved it in the air. This is alarming enough. He's only going to work out if we run a college spread offense, which is really what we ran this year. With no threat of going deep especially with all the speed we have now, he might as well be a one armed QB. We need to look at the future starting in the draft. Knowing Hurney he'll take a LB from Alaska University in the first. 

I think we have to assume Cam will not be available next year.  I say we draft a DE in the first, an Offensive Lineman in the 2nd, and a CB, S, and LB in the 3rd/4th.  Sign some journeyman QB for 10m to hold down the fort for a year.  We have some talent and weapons on this team. If our defense rises to the occasion and our QB is ok, we could win 9-10 games and flirt with the playoffs.  If we suck and win 4-6 games next year, we'll be in good position to draft a QB if necessary.  By 2020 we'll know if Cam is done and can plan accordingly.

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Let all the shoulder fibers reconnect. Let the synapses pathways develop more and begin to fire properly with rest and time, rest and time.

You know you've got a guy in Allen who is able to start six games or more. Rest and time, rest and time.

I usually agree with you. Allen had a nice game against a team that had no urgency or film on him. 

I do not think it would have been the same if it was a game of urgency and or they had tape on his tendencies 

Honestly, do you want to be in the same situation as the Giants were with Eli this year and potentially going forward? The one year we get it right with weapons, an offensive system and a somewhat competent offensive line, the achilles heel is the QB. I love Cam, but you gotta be honest. It may be worth it to shelf him next year. Even Luck started off slow this year, but you can see his arm continually got stronger. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Tbh, all you're really revealing is how much the mere presence of the discussion of race bothers you at your core and gets you so steaming mad that you bull rush into threads where it isn't even being discussed and start trying to pick a fight.

I'm not mad at all.  Race doesn't bother me, although racism does.

Honestly I was just reading through the posts and a lot of folks were offering opinions and suggestions and really trying, but you were just shitting on everyone.  Lots of posters have told me just to ignore you as you bring so little to the board.  I guess that is my only recourse at this point.

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Honestly, do you want to be in the same situation as the Giants were with Eli this year and potentially going forward? The one year we get it right with weapons, an offensive system and a somewhat competent offensive line, the achilles heel is the QB. I love Cam, but you gotta be honest. It may be worth it to shelf him next year. Even Luck started off slow this year, but you can see his arm continually got stronger. 

Eli Manning just turned 38 years old.

Newton is only 29.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Feel like this is directed at me somehow.

Do you know more about Cam's shoulder than I do?  I doubt it.

You can choose to believe that it's time to move on from Cam.  I can believe that it's not.

You want to craft an actual succession plan, with trades, picks, and cuts involved?  I'll play along.  Until then, you are just spinning your wheels.

Also, what do you think is the most likely outcome here?  That you are right and we choose to move on, or I am right and we work with him for at least 1 year if not 2, to figure out if he can still play?

lol nothing in this thread is about what you or I know.

Its about what decisions the team must make in the face of differing circumstances, "what you choose to believe" is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, je1005 said:

Anyone feel that Cam might be dealing with some psychological burnout at this point? 

I’m a fan of his work, but I do wonder about this sometimes. It’s pure speculation, of course. 

Definitely 

add to it, knowing with that sack of poo offensive line he was going to get his brains beat out

i go back to that Steelers game, I saw Watt line up and I knew Newton was going to get the hell knocked out of him 

someone should have called timeout and stopped it 

Here are just a few of the issues when dealing with Cam going forward:

-Injury treatment/likely recovery time.

-Looming negotiations for a new long term contract.

-Next contract significantly limiting cap space/supporting talent.

These are only three of the issues, but I'd be very surprised if the Panthers don't attempt to draft an heir apparent this year or next.

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

ESPN Splits has throws broken down by yards in the air from LOS. Cam hasn't completed a pass thrown further 30 yards from LOS in 2 years. Used to be one of his strengths, in 2015, actually had a better QB rating on those throws than overall.

I hope he comes back strong, but I don't know if he can.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13994/cam-newton

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13994/year/2017

And these are facts 

facts ignored by the current coaching staff

no one in their right mind doesn’t want Newton to be Newton

no one in their right mind wants to put a qb on the field in the NFL that can’t throw either 

I’ll remind everyone that knowing this, this staff did not go for a decent backup. 

Now, we suddenly hear discussion of ‘urgency’

as the country song goes, its a little too late to do the right thing now’ another season is gone 

2019 doesn’t have to be 

14 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Here are just a few of the issues when dealing with Cam going forward:

-Injury treatment/likely recovery time.

-Looming negotiations for a new long term contract.

-Next contract significantly limiting cap space/supporting talent.

These are only three of the issues, but I'd be very surprised if the Panthers don't attempt to draft an heir apparent this year or next.

Prepare to be surprised

Archived