• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton’s future interesting read from David Newton

raleigh-panther

i don't quite understand all the 'urgency' talk.   usually we get medical news.  with cam we get none.   from reading their ig's that get posted here,  cam and his gf seem like magical thinkers.  i'm not saying this has anything to do with intelligence but it has a lot to do with not having an education based in, and not valuing science.  does anyone know if there is any truth to cam dragging his feet with actual medical professionals?  last year he def did by waiting til march to have surgery.  this year we get no real news, and we get the coaches urging urgency.   is it because he's getting hocum procedures done?   i don't get it. 

16 minutes ago, raz said:

i don't quite understand all the 'urgency' talk.   usually we get medical news.  with cam we get none.   from reading their ig's that get posted here,  cam and his gf seem like magical thinkers.  i'm not saying this has anything to do with intelligence but it has a lot to do with not having an education based in, and not valuing science.  does anyone know if there is any truth to cam dragging his feet with actual medical professionals?  last year he def did by waiting til march to have surgery.  this year we get no real news, and we get the coaches urging urgency.   is it because he's getting hocum procedures done?   i don't get it. 

We don't know if it was Cam, the trainers, the doctors, or a mixture of all three who tried to avoid surgery the first time.

This is a VERY tricky situation to say the least.

25 minutes ago, raz said:

...its not too much to ask to have a diagnosis with a plan of action within a week or two. Somebody knows what the problem is and they aint talkin

5 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...its not too much to ask to have a diagnosis with a plan of action within a week or two. Somebody knows what the problem is and they aint talkin

Yes. I don’t expect them to spell guts but even though I saw his shoulder issue at the games and on TV, it was pretty starting to read 

‘Newton, according to ESPN Stats & Information, was 0-for-11 on throws of at least 30 yards in 2018. Newton also ranked 29th on throws that carried at least 20 yards, completing nine in 14 games. He was last among qualifiers in TD-Interception ratio on those throws at 33 percent (1 touchdown, 3 interceptions). Of the 12 teams that made the playoffs this season, seven ranked among the top 10 in completions that carried at least 20 yards.’

the Panthers cannot go into 2019 like this...absolutely cannot   I suspect th draft will reveal the story as I remember the 2019 FA class was poor.  

I think David Newton is dead on....but he's saying things people don't want to hear.  The fans have an emotional tie to Cam unlike any other player in Carolina pro sports history.  Whoever has to make the decision to move on from Cam is going to be a very very unpopular guy, even if it's the correct decision.  I think that's what we're looking at with the Panthers right now.  

Unfortunately I think the issue is worse then what happened with Luck.  Luck went through surgery at a younger age.  When it comes to sports....there's a big difference from having a surgery at 27 and rehabbing at 28 then doing it at almost thirty and trying to make a come back at 31 when you're a running QB who's just going to get hit again, oh and he's only under contract for one season when he comes back  Cam will be an unknown commodity making an ungodly salary when he's finally ready to play.  When he does come back he won't be the same player...he's going to be protecting that shoulder. 

I really hate to say it, because Cam has been such a good advocate to the city of Charlotte and the Carolinas. He's been larger than life for almost a decade here.  He's done the right things.  He's good to the kids, and has amazing charities.  The idea of Cam not being our qb just seems weird and unnatural.  He's the first person people think of when the words Carolina Panthers are uttered.

We're at a crossroads here....because if we want to win football games.....then we need to find a QB this offseason.  Life is too short.  As much as I love Cam I don't want to watch a wasted 2019 season because we're afraid to find a good QB that can lead our team.  

Cam's fate depends, in my estimation, on how well the QB does next year.  Whether we sign a guy, it's Allen, or we draft a guy.....if the QB for the Panthers in 2019 performs well and leads us to the playoffs....I would have to say it's probably the end of the road for Newton in Charlotte.

10 minutes ago, blackcat said:

I've gotta admit, it was cool seeing Samuel haul in that bomb.

That should have been our offense all season long.  I dont even want to think of all the points we left on the field because our tank of a QB cant throw the ball 20 yards.

20 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

We're at a crossroads here....because if we want to win football games.....then we need to find a QB this offseason.  Life is too short.  As much as I love Cam I don't want to watch a wasted 2019 season because we're afraid to find a good QB that can lead our team. 

Nobody is "afraid" to find a good QB. The difficulty in it is the reality that you aren't going to get one unless you draft one early or trade for one on top of paying him a fat contract sooner rather than later. If you're hoping a mid to late round pick named Scrappy Gymrat McLunchpail is going to turn into Baker Mayfield for us, you're smoking some good poo.

The reality is if Newton leaves, we're gonna hang at the bottom of the division and the conference for that matter for awhile with the state of our offensive and defensive lines. No QB we can acquire is going to be able to shoulder the kind of load that Newton has over the years. I think that's one aspect that fans have taken for granted. When they see other QB's behind our offensive line exiting games early for injury, it should sink in just how durable Newton had been for us up until this point.

Archived