• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How has there not been a GM or Owner EOY presser?

Camp Fodder

16 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

you remind me of a cantankerous 87 year old that never got a piece of azz ...with a schizophrenic outlook on society..

43, the sex is still great, and I'm doing my best to love everyone like Jesus says I should. Do you know how fuging difficult that last one is????

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What's Tepper supposed to say? Yeah, I said winning was the only thing that mattered but that 1-7 finish was super inspiring. Ireally don't wanna have to buy out a coaching staff.

What's Hurney supposed to say? Yeah, I tanked this team once before but I promise I'm better now. Nevermind that 1-7 finish.

As mentioned, I can understand not wanting to talk about this season.

With that said, I have more respect for people who stand up and take responsibility for their failures.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

As mentioned, I can understand not wanting to talk about this season.

With that said, I have more respect for people who stand up and take responsibility for their failures.

Doesn't matter what he says. Actions speak louder than than words and the actions say we're business as usual. Tepper may habe changed the business environment of the Panthers but the football side of the house looks to be as hapless as ever.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Doesn't matter what he says. Actions speak louder than than words and the actions say we're business as usual. Tepper may habe changed the business environment of the Panthers but the football side of the house looks to be as hapless as ever.

I don't deny that.

Doesn't exactly present an image of high level accountability though, does it?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't deny that.

Doesn't exactly present an image of high level accountability though, does it?

I'll believe Tepper actually cares about winning when he takes actions to facilitate it. I don't think an indoor practice facility is going to help Hurney and Rivera field a consistently winning football team nor will moving offices to SC.

I dont really care one way or the other if there is an end of year presser.  Hurney surely isn't going to have anything to say that would change my opinion of him.  Tepper has made no changes and that says more than anything he could say, though, I wouldn't mind hearing a bit about his constructive talks with Ron and Hurney out of curiosity.

Silence may be their best option, anything they say would probably just make those of us that are disgruntled with them even angrier.

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Over the next 5 years what kind of Won-Loss track record would you have to see in order to say....

...."you know what, I was wrong about David Tepper"...???

4 hours ago, je1005 said:

Tepper had no problem tipping it back with fans at 6-2. Would be nice to hear from him again. 

This.  Optics fellers.  You trot out acting like the funny uncle (worth a few bil), drop in on tailgates, try Roaring Riot beer, make MSNBC appearances, then your new team plummets...you could at least send out some sort of letter or any form of communication to the fanbase.  Virtually every franchise in the league does this to some capacity at years end.  JR was a senile dude with half functioning organs, with him it was understandable.  He was just thinking tight jeans and chicken.  This guy just bought the team and has never really publicly laid out a vision.  He did an initial generic thing with the purchase, but it's almost like he's missing a few steps here from a publicity standpoint, which does matter as people may put the idea down. 

This opinion of mine may not hold for long, it is of the moment, but I feel like there's an unnecessary amount of non-communication.  Everyone saw what happened to close the year, own it, embrace it, drive through it 100 MPH.       

Archived