• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Miller’s top 50 draft prospects

raleigh-panther

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

This was last updated Jan 8th.

Raekwon announced he was returning after this was published

Perhaps he should amend it then. Or maybe consider delaying publishing the list until final declarations have been made? It’s just sloppy. No big deal I guess.

I know that errors are commonplace in the autocorrect era, and that rereading before posting is a dying art but as an English teacher I still find it irritating. 

Saw an accidental funny quote on the draft network yesterday. Senior bowl practice was “the death knoll” to a prospect’s chances. Made me laugh for a while.

37 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Perhaps he should amend it then. Or maybe consider delaying publishing the list until final declarations have been made? It’s just sloppy. No big deal I guess.

I know that errors are commonplace in the autocorrect era, and that rereading before posting is a dying art but as an English teacher I still find it irritating. 

Saw an accidental funny quote on the draft network yesterday. Senior bowl practice was “the death knoll” to a prospect’s chances. Made me laugh for a while.

For God’s sake, some of you people are the most negative, critical people. It is ridiculous 

why don’t YOU and a couple of people who responded who think they are draft experts, put together your own lists of  potential  picks and publish it

The Sr Bowl and the Combine are coming. Information, even early,  helps those who watch those things and may not have time to scroll through dozens of web sites 

This board has become ridiculous 

No joy whatsoever   

11 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

For God’s sake, some of you people are the most negative, critical people. It is ridiculous 

why don’t YOU and a couple of people who responded who think they are draft experts, put together your own lists of  potential  picks and publish it

The Sr Bowl and the Combine are coming. Information, even early,  helps those who watch those things and may not have time to scroll through dozens of web sites 

This board has become ridiculous 

No joy whatsoever   

I’m negative and critical because I take issue with a recently published board which includes a player that isn’t entering a draft?

But you aren’t despite saying this about me a person you have never met? Ok.

1 minute ago, musicman said:

I would like Deionte Thompson at Safety in the 1st round. Him with Reid solidifies the back end and will cover up some deficiencies with any CBs. Then maybe a DE or O-lineman in the 2nd. If we don't sign Reid, then Thompson is a must.

Thompson's stock took a major hit at the end of the season.  Had a Terrible national championship game.  Most have him the #2 FS in the class now behind the Delaware kid

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. Is he better than Eddie Jackson and Ronnie Harrison? They dropped to the 4th and late 3rd. I know Harrison was talked about late first but he didn’t look as bad as Thompson the last few games. Oklahoma has no problem scoring either.

Safeties are a dime a dozen now. There are so many cheap FA safeties that spending a first on one seems crazy. Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Thompson be there at 47 or honestly at 78. He looked lost against the Clemson offense and that was against NFL talent.

If safeties are a dime a dozen, then why are we always terrible there?

Here's my personal big board

1. Quenien Williams
2. Bosa
3. Josh Allen
4. Rashaan Gary
5. Greedy Williams
6. Ed Oliver
7. Clelin Ferrell
8. Christian Wilkins
9. Dwayne Haskins
10. Jonah Williams
11. Josh Jacobs
12. Montez Sweat
13. N'keal Harry
14. Kyler Murray
15. TJ Hockenson
16. Brian Burns
17. Dalton Risner
18. DK Metcalf
19. Jeffrey Simmons
20. Drew Lock
21. Daniel Jones
22. Devin White
23. Noah Fant
24. Cody Ford
25. Deandre Baker
26. Marquise Brown
27. Jachai Polite
28. Deionte Thompson
29. Dexter Lawerence
30. Andre Dillard
31. Yodney Cajuste
32. Elgton Jenkins
33. Hakeem Butler

34. Byron Murphy

Next tier on no particular order
Devin Bush, Mack Wilson, Will Grier, Dremont Jones, Oshane Ximines, Riley Ridley, Kelvin Harmon, Deebo Samuels, Irv Smith Jr, Garrett Bradbury,

This is a extremely strong DL/Edge rusher class.  Would have been probably the strongest positional class if a few guys like Raekwon and Brown didnt return.

This WR class is one of the stronger ones the last few years.  Doesnt have that TOP guy. But I really want to see Harry at the Combine because I like him better than Mike williams coming out.  After him there are quite a few REALLY good prospects

This TE class is going to be as hyped as the one 2 years ago with OJ Howard and Njoku.  The 2 Iowa boys are Studs.  Then throw in the Bama kid and Kaden Smith just to start.

No eye popping LB.  White and Bush are good but no where near what Roquan Smith or Reuben Foster were coming out.  People like White.  But scouts are REALLY questioning his covering abilities in the passing game as he got exposed a few times.

OT class isnt as strong as intentionally thought.  The #1 OT Jonah Williams who was a cant miss top 5 at one point got abused by Ferrell in the national Championship game.  Greg Little isnt near what they thougj and some question if he can even be a LT at the next level.  Cody Ford, scouts like him more as a OG.  Dillard is good but not great.  Day 1 at senior bowl practice I saw him flash some including a few run blocks then gets abused by a few speed guys.  Watching the few series lined up in the scrimmage against Ximines, I couldn't  get the Remmers flash backs out of my head.  I now really think the offense he was in helped him out.  He still has the tools and could be something special. But wouldnt want him protecting the blindside of my QB right now

But at the same time a Strong interior OL class.  People think Ford is going to be a Stud as a OG, Risner if he plays OG is a stud, Lindstrom is a Beast, the 2 Wisconsin kids amd Ohio States Michael Jordan are solid.  There are 2 Really good Centers in this class with a couple solid ones beyond that.

CB class is fairly deep, while the safety class is not.

RB class is solid.  Your going to see Josh Jacobs shoot up.  Big strong athletic guy who is a good APY guy just hidden in that Bama rotation.  There are some really good powerback in the class as well including the other Bama RB Harris, Montgomery, and Snell just to start

Just throwing my 2 cents out

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. Is he better than Eddie Jackson and Ronnie Harrison? They dropped to the 4th and late 3rd. I know Harrison was talked about late first but he didn’t look as bad as Thompson the last few games. Oklahoma has no problem scoring either.

Safeties are a dime a dozen now. There are so many cheap FA safeties that spending a first on one seems crazy. Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Thompson be there at 47 or honestly at 78. He looked lost against the Clemson offense and that was against NFL talent.

Yeah

Idk hard to say with Jackson.  I really didnt get a good look on him before the injury.  Think his leg injury that final year had a lot with his drop as well.

Thompson has good speed, tall, long and isnt afraid to hit someone.  His ball skills are good as well.

He showed REALLY good flashes but had some pretty bad ones as well.

Still 1st round guy but imo if he went back for a year he'd be a top 10 guy next year

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Thompson's stock took a major hit at the end of the season.  Had a Terrible national championship game.  Most have him the #2 FS in the class now behind the Delaware kid

I'm becoming a big fan of Nasir Adderley. He might be my early season draft crush. I'm thinking we would need to trade up in the 2nd to have a shot at him, but he might even slip into the back end of the 1st if he has a good combine.

1 minute ago, NYPantherFan said:

I'm becoming a big fan of Nasir Adderley. He might be my early season draft crush. I'm thinking we would need to trade up in the 2nd to have a shot at him, but he might even slip into the back end of the 1st if he has a good combine.

Yeah same

Im going to really watch him today.

Talking to him just for a brief second yesterday at the fan fest thing.  Kid is Donte Jackson 2.0 personality wise

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Yeah

Idk hard to say with Jackson.  I really didnt get a good look on him before the injury

Thompson has good speed, tall, long and isnt afraid to hit someone.  His ball skills are good as well.

He showed REALLY good flashes but had some pretty bad ones as well.

Still 1st round guy but imo if he went back for a year he'd be a top 10 guy next year

You could see the Safety in Jackson when he played CB. Great instincts but had trouble with coming out of his backpedal. Until he was injured, he was the best S in college that year. 

I agree Thompson needs time. He just hasn’t seen many routes with more than 3 seconds to throw. When he did it was rough. But that should stop with experience. 

Harrison fell because he can’t cover and had some off field stuff. 

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I don't think Thompson has very good instincts.  He's got the size and athleticism, but I just don't think he has the eyes and instincts to be anything special.  To me, it just seems like he's reacting, and not anticipating, so he always appears to be a half step off.  His recognition can be slow, and he sometimes takes false steps. 

I see him as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.  I wouldn't touch him in the 1st.

Archived