• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wants a roof on BOA.

jbland

28 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

It's one hell of a one and done for the whole city and surrounding areas. Why do you think cities fight so hard to host it?

You have missed the point of the question.

The OP suggested investors should be putting up hotels in order to accommodate the large crowd that comes with a Super Bowl......but once the Super Bowl is over, then what?

If you were an investor would you plow your money into over-building hotel infrastructure for a 1-time event?

Also, Charlotte is the last place people from all around the country want to come for a Super Bowl....dumb idea. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeHanson said:

You have missed the point of the question.

The OP suggested investors should be putting up hotels in order to accommodate the large crowd that comes with a Super Bowl......but once the Super Bowl is over, then what?

If you were an investor would you plow your money into over-building hotel infrastructure for a 1-time event?

Also, Charlotte is the last place people from all around the country want to come for a Super Bowl....dumb idea. 

The hotels would get used, they wouldnt turn into ghost towns. All the travel search engines would utilize them.  People went to atlanta in droves for the super bowl. All though a bigger city the draw to atl and charlotte is pretty similar to people not from the south. Denying big influx of money, if you have the means to be awarded it, is just stupid.

Also, who says the hosting would only be once? Alot of these host cities, most the super bowl multiple times.

6 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Well it seems to me that it’s either put a roof on BofA or everyone will enjoy driving to Carowinds to watch the Panthers play in a dome...

I rather drive to south carolina. Cheeper gas,less crowded, and we could actually have a place to park.

The stadium will become an issue in the next decade. Will it be contentious? Probably not but if one day Tepper wants a bunch of city money and various governments say fug off who knows what will happen. But roofs are the thing and I am sure we will get one eventually. A retractable roof could cost $750M.

Our stadium is still a pretty great place to watch a game...

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'll bet the bounce house makers could do a better job here in 2019. Lol

The climate isn't as harsh here in Charlotte so maybe it would actually hold up longer.

They probably could, LOL.

And I was thinking that as well. I know y’all get snow up there but not to the extent that Minneapolis gets. However, I’m sure an exorbitant amount of rain would probably yield the same result if it can’t drain fast enough. I know those monsoons y’all get there.

Archived