• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett Bradbury should be our 1st round pick

Khyber53

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I can't necessarily agree that you can't draft a C in the first round. There have been some very good centers drafted in the first. That said, 16 is really high for a center. If we are that sold as a team on snagging him, trade down.

There have been all pro C drafted in the 2nd and 3rd as well as later in the draft.. Actually more come from those rounds.. Sorry that position just doesn't fit the value chart as a 1st round pick thru out the history of the nfl..

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....not sure I would agree. RB's are getting to be a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore. 

Top 5 talents like Saquon, Elliot, Gurley, and Cmac can carry a offense .. They have higher value. Name the 2 starting centers in the Superbowl without Google?

A Rb that can catch 100 balls and rush for a 1 000 yards isn't a dime or dozen just stop..smh

Considering our needs, we can grab a C in  free agency.  We cannot grab a DE in free agency.  I just think we have to go  DE--if not, LT or DE. 

My pre combine Big board

1. Bosa DE
  2. Q. Williams DT
  3. Ferrell DE
  4. J. Allen DE (I think he can play 4-3 DE)
  5. J. Williams OT
  6. G. Williams CB
  7. R. Gary DE/DT
  8. Oliver DT
  9. White LB
  10. M Sweat DE
  11. Wilkins DT
  12. Ford OT
  13. Polite DE
  14. G Little OT

I am sure that there would be a few of these names left at 16.

fugy brooks nfl.com

Winners

Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. State: The N.C. State standout cemented his standing as a first-round pick with a spectacular showing on the turf. Bradbury lit up the combine with a 4.92-second 40-yard dash and wowed scouts with his excellent work in drills. From his superb balance and body control to his flawless footwork, Bradbury looks like a Pro Bowl-caliber center.

Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State: Dillard is arguably the best pass protector in the draft, due to his outstanding technique and lateral quickness. All of that was on full display during the Wazzu product's strong showing on the turf. Dillard clocked a 4.96 40 and showcased terrific movement skills in drills. With few edge blockers matching Dillard's technical ability and athleticism, the stout offensive tackle has a chance to be a top-15 pick.

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

fugy brooks nfl.com

Winners

Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. State: The N.C. State standout cemented his standing as a first-round pick with a spectacular showing on the turf. Bradbury lit up the combine with a 4.92-second 40-yard dash and wowed scouts with his excellent work in drills. From his superb balance and body control to his flawless footwork, Bradbury looks like a Pro Bowl-caliber center.

Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State: Dillard is arguably the best pass protector in the draft, due to his outstanding technique and lateral quickness. All of that was on full display during the Wazzu product's strong showing on the turf. Dillard clocked a 4.96 40 and showcased terrific movement skills in drills. With few edge blockers matching Dillard's technical ability and athleticism, the stout offensive tackle has a chance to be a top-15 pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020161/article/nfl-combine-winnerslosers-justice-hill-puts-on-a-brief-show

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only interior OL in the last two decades or so that I can recall going top ten both went in the same draft a few years back. Johnathan Cooper and Chance Warmack. Both OGs, both busts.

Nelson was taken at 6th last year.  Everyone here asked why we dont address the OL like Indy did.

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Nelson was taken at 6th last year.  Everyone here asked why we dont address the OL like Indy did.

Funny part is the highest paid OG in the league was a undrafted player.. That we had for years.. Crazy right??

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I was wondering what everyone was talking about. I wanted to trade up for him and though Cleveland and NY should Targeted him too. Guy is probably going to be in the HOF.

I don’t care what position we go after but for god sakes just don’t whiff. As long as he is a starter, I’m fine with it. If this center from state is at least a long-term starter, then go for it.

Archived