• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antonio Brown: If New Team Won't Play by My Rules...I Don't Even Have to Play

DeSim

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Sounds like a guy who doesn't really care about playing anymore or he wants to get released instead of traded to have control of where he goes.

No trade partner wants to hear that.

I can't recall any player trying to play hardball with the Steelers and coming out on top. No way they're going to just release arguably the best WR in football. Especially knowing that it would be HIGHLY likely that would have the way for him to go to the Patriots.

It's funny all these AB threads bashing him, but I guarantee you the people bashing him would be his biggest fans if he was traded to Carolina.

I kind of want this happen just to laugh at all the negative comments afterwards.lol

2 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

It's funny all these AB threads bashing him, but I guarantee you the people bashing him would be his biggest fans if he was traded to Carolina.

I kind of want this happen just to laugh at all the negative comments afterwards.lol

I would be excited and certainly hope for the best, but I'd rather we use that cap space and draft assets to shore up far bigger roster weaknesses.

For a guy wanting to be traded and call his own shots as to where he goes, he's probably getting dangerously close to going down that "conduct detrimental to the team" road with a franchise who probably wouldn't hesitate to take that road.

7 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

I agree and part of me likes what he is doing.  

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I think we'd all love to have AB it's just at what cost?

If he can figure out how to get released I'm sure Cam will be his first phonecall.

This. In a vacuum, who wouldn't want to add one of the NFL's elite WRs? The problem is that nothing happens in a vacuum. We'd have to trade valuable draft assets to get him and he'd eat up the majority of our remaining cap space. Adding AB would virtually guarantee that nothing else of substance gets addressed via FA and given our holes that would be a problem.

Archived