• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bills and WR John Brown agreed to a 3-year, $27M deal

Car123

What is everyone mad about?

the fact that $5 million for Torrey is really a bargain basement deal these days?

every free agent out there with a stat is getting signed for $10 million a year minimum? 

What we really should be mad about is the fact that we have $17 million left and a shitty team to show for it,... maybe a 5-6 win team next year again.

theres guys like Indy with pretty decent teams that had $100 million to spend,..

teams like Dallas that are pretty good for the same cap space,..

we suck for what we have,.. that’s what everyone should be mad about.

What's going on here is comparing the contracts of guys who are signed to be starters or third receivers at worst to a guy who's realistically something like our sixth receiving option.

That's kinda like saying "hey look what a bargain Damian Parms is" by comparing his contract to Landon Collins.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What's going on here is comparing the contracts of guys who are signed to be starters or third receivers at worst to a guy who's realistically something like our sixth receiving option.

That's kinda like saying "hey look what a bargain Damian Parms is" by comparing his contract to Landon Collins.

This isn't Madden. Smith will be rotated in pretty often. He'll be the second or third WR in a lot of packages.

8 minutes ago, JARROD said:

What is everyone mad about?

the fact that $5 million for Torrey is really a bargain basement deal these days?

every free agent out there with a stat is getting signed for $10 million a year minimum? 

What we really should be mad about is the fact that we have $17 million left and a shitty team to show for it,... maybe a 5-6 win team next year again.

theres guys like Indy with pretty decent teams that had $100 million to spend,..

teams like Dallas that are pretty good for the same cap space,..

we suck for what we have,.. that’s what everyone should be mad about.

That’s what I’m mad about... We suck and there’s no sight or hope anywhere on getting back to the Super Bowl. Horrible cap situation, losing multiple starters we’re not able to replace, mid-round draft picks, and our best player and QB just had shoulder surgery and his performance next year is up in the air because of it. 

Even when Pickles was our QB, there was hope. We knew a new regime was headed in and we had the number one pick. Right now, our best players are on the back end of their careers and it’s going to be another 2/3 seasons before we can get the type of talent we need via draft and 2/3 until we’re done paying stupid contracts. 

16 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

That’s what I’m mad about... We suck and there’s no sight or hope anywhere on getting back to the Super Bowl. Horrible cap situation, losing multiple starters we’re not able to replace, mid-round draft picks, and our best player and QB just had shoulder surgery and his performance next year is up in the air because of it. 

Even when Pickles was our QB, there was hope. We knew a new regime was headed in and we had the number one pick. Right now, our best players are on the back end of their careers and it’s going to be another 2/3 seasons before we can get the type of talent we need via draft and 2/3 until we’re done paying stupid contracts. 

Over react much?  Free agency has just started. And some of the guys like Peppers and Davis are not going to be that hard to replace. We are moving on to get younger and faster. At some point you have to give the guys you drafted the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We had a bunch of guys in IR that should be back and healthy last year.  Sure we have spots open but it incumbent on guys to step up to the challenge. There is always going to be some uncertainty as we move forward but this sky is falling attitude is really overblown. We will be very competitive when all is said and done. Cam is going to be good to go. it is way too early to predict gloom and doom.

19 hours ago, The Huddler said:

notice teams that actually win consistently are silent 

aka pats

sont overpay for FAs. period. 

Not true at all.

the pats have the skill and supreme front office management to not need splashes. That’s the ideal but not realistic

but teams that were in the playoffs are all making moves.

12 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Not true at all.

the pats have the skill and supreme front office management to not need splashes. That’s the ideal but not realistic

but teams that were in the playoffs are all making moves.

Name those playoff teams making splash moves...

NE - Lost Flowers

BAL - Lost four of it's best defenders (Weddle, Smith, Mosely, and Suggs)

LAR - Signed a 36 year old LB

HOU - Lost Mathieu

IND - Has all the cap in the world after TWO BAD seasons and fat trimming during that time

LAR - Signed an old Safety in Weddle, but also has a QB on a rookie deal (similar to how PHI spent season before last, and some last off-season)

NO - Latavius Murray but lost Ingrahm 

DAL - Lost Beasley no moves

CHI - Has been fairly quiet and lost Amos, and Bellamy (QB on rookie deal)

KC - has had to Trade Ford, and released Houston

So I don't know what playoff team you are referring to or narrative you're trying to push, the active teams in FA 9/10 times are teams with bad records from the prior year, and they generally do not have a 100+M QB on the roster. We had the roster of a playoff team until Cam was injured. 

CLE, NYJ, GB, DET, OAK -- All teams out of the playoffs with CAP space so....there ya go. 

57 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Over react much?  Free agency has just started. And some of the guys like Peppers and Davis are not going to be that hard to replace. We are moving on to get younger and faster. At some point you have to give the guys you drafted the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We had a bunch of guys in IR that should be back and healthy last year.  Sure we have spots open but it incumbent on guys to step up to the challenge. There is always going to be some uncertainty as we move forward but this sky is falling attitude is really overblown. We will be very competitive when all is said and done. Cam is going to be good to go. it is way too early to predict gloom and doom.

No, not a overreaction. We will be competitive, no doubt, but that’s it. This roster isn’t a Super Bowl team and they’re not close to it. Hence why I said at best a 2/3 year rebuild. That’s not doom and gloom, that’s reality my friend. 

4 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

No, not a overreaction. We will be competitive, no doubt, but that’s it. This roster isn’t a Super Bowl team and they’re not close to it. Hence why I said at best a 2/3 year rebuild. That’s not doom and gloom, that’s reality my friend. 

Keep in mind our 2015 Super Bowl team had supposedly the worse receiver group in the league and our number 1 receiver, Benjamin was out on IR. We led the league in offense with JAGs. That is also reality. We are going to make a playoff run this year. Wait and see.

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Keep in mind our 2015 Super Bowl team had supposedly the worse receiver group in the league and our number 1 receiver, Benjamin was out on IR. We led the league in offense with JAGs. That is also reality. We are going to make a playoff run this year. Wait and see.

If you’re trying to justifiy our team by comparing the talent we have on hand now vs our 2015 team, I can’t help you. Our 2015 team was better in every position minus the WR group(MAYBE)... 

I’ve already said we’ll be competitive. Will we make the playoffs? I wouldn’t be surprised, but nothing past that. It’ll be a lot like 2017.... 

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We didn’t lead the league in offense. We led in scoring. We were efficient but also had the best turnover margin since 2011 (including the last 3 years). I believe we were 11th in total offense and that was with Cam playing his best ever.  One could argue his 2011/2012 were just as good, but more turnovers/less takeaways led to less chances for TDs. 2015 was sort of a smoke screen that Shula was an acceptable OC. The SB lifted that smokescreen, especially with the turnovers and lack of planning. 

Yards per game never win anything so why that is considered important is beyond me. The only offensive stat that matters is points scored which is also dependent on other factors like short fields and turnovers.

So did the Superbowl this year expose Rams coach, Sean McVay as a bad coach or is it simply difficult to win a Superbowl the first time around. After all the Denver team that beat us got smoked by Seattle 2 years earlier with arguably the best scoring offense in the league. 

Archived