• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If they RIP out seats in the 500 level to create party decks what happens to those PSL owners?

CatMan72

First thought I had after completing the survey is if the remove seats in the 500 level, how will they handle PSL owners assigned to those seats? Simple answer may be relocating them to other 500 level seats not currently assigned to a PSL owner but that could get tricky.

4 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

First thought I had after completing the survey is if the remove seats in the 500 level, how will they handle PSL owners assigned to those seats? Simple answer may be relocating them to other 500 level seats not currently assigned to a PSL owner but that could get tricky.

That's my understanding.  They hope enough people in the 500 level will want to move to the party decks to justify the loss of seating.  There was one question in particular in the survey that signified this.  I'm obviously paraphrasing here, but 'If party decks were built, would you a) move all game tickets to the party decks  b) not use the party decks and keep using your PSL seats or c) use a combination of game tickets for your PSL seats and the party decks?'  That said, I took the answer that they probably didn't want which was the later, both, simply for not knowing exactly how much money we are talking about concerning the party decks.  

If the price was right, I would move all my tickets to the party decks.  I'm tired of being confined to a 'seat' and subject to the whims of the people around you.  Me, I have plenty of unsold PSLs around me and it's a crap shoot whether I'm going to have young kids, elderly folks or newbies that don't know that the game experience is supposed to be interactive, especially for hard-core fans.  They sit there like they are watching a movie in the theater and at best give you weird looks for actually cheering or have the audacity to ask you to quiet down or sit down.  I politely remind these folks, I OWN my seats and they don't.

So yeah, If the price isn't too steep, I may move my season tickets to the party decks permanently.

11 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly! said:

Are there any indications as to what this may look like?

They had some very basic, generic renditions in the survey.  They mentioned party decks "like" Tampa and San Francisco (pretty sure those were the two mentioned).  So If anyone knows what those party decks look like, I think they intend to model our party decks after those two stadiums.

19 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Not a PSL holder but would be interesting to know if there is any language in the original contractual agreement that addresses this situation and people just are not aware of it.

I doubt it, party decks weren't a hot commodity in the 90's for NFL stadiums.  I'm not even sure it was even a thing back then.  Heck, the idea of a PSL was ground breaking at the time.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I doubt it, party decks weren't a hot commodity in the 90's for NFL stadiums.  I'm not even sure it was even a thing back then.  Heck, the idea of a PSL was ground breaking at the time.

True, I meant more along the lines of an "eminent domain" type takeover.  Where the Panthers reserve the right to move PSL holders to other locations if needed.

5 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

True, I meant more along the lines of an "eminent domain" type takeover.  Where the Panthers reserve the right to move PSL holders to other locations if needed.

Yeah, It's been many, many, years ago, but it seems like the language in a nutshell said something to the fact that the stadium ultimately retained the rights to all seating.  The organization can do whatever they want to, but at the expense of pissing off a lot of loyal and dedicated fans, thus sent out a detailed survey to get our input.  Whether or not they honestly care about what the PSL owners have to say, it at least gives the appearance that they value our input.

13 minutes ago, Dex said:

They get first dibs on the new section but the price will most likely increase.

Especially if it's all inclusive for food and beverage (including alcohol).  That actually was an option.  I selected a la carte to obviously keep the cost MUCH lower.  I think they are proposing party 'suites' on the club levels, let the high rollers pay the all inclusive ticket prices.  I want to say the hypothetical ticket prices DOUBLED for all inclusive party deck tickets.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Especially if it's all inclusive for food and beverage (including alcohol).  That actually was an option.  I selected a la carte to obviously keep the cost MUCH lower.  I think they are proposing party 'suites' on the club levels, let the high rollers pay the all inclusive ticket prices.  I want to say the hypothetical ticket prices DOUBLED for all inclusive party deck tickets.

This happened to my old boss at Foxboro. Lost his seats of 20 years for a new "bar area" and was given first dibs but the cost was nearly double.

Archived