• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do here... 2019 Draft

Catufb85

Draft day is quickly approaching and we are down to the final days where every rumor or secret will come out. So I played some simulated mock drafts and did some research on our primary needs i.e. Defensive End and Offensive line and it got me thinking if this scenario played out what would I do, what would the Panthers most likely do, but thought what would you do...

Panthers stay at 16 and in most cases will go BPA but what if this falls to us on draft night knowing the depth of Defensive End and Offensive line this year.

Pick 16 comes and Jonah Williams and Brian Burns are there... All the other first round grade DEs are gone (Bosa, Ferrell, Sweat, and Allen)

Now my thought process is questioned because I would love to take the best tackle labeled by some because of his motor, technique, & football IQ or do you take the bigger need at drafting the DE.  I only think there is a max of 5-6 first round graded Defensive Ends; Bosa, Josh Allen, Sweat, Ferrell, Burns, & Gary.  But I think there is quite a drop off of talent after these 5 come off the board.  I think in IMO there is only 1-2 Round 2 graded DEs.  Jaylon Ferguson and maybe Zach Allen.  But tackles after Jonah, Dillard, & Taylor there seems to be a great deal of talent that can be picked up in rounds 2-4: Little, McGary, Tytus Howard, Yodny Cajuste, David Edwards, etc.

I feel like I would need to draft Brian Burns to fill at need at Edge, hating to pass on Williams, but knowing I have a shot at any other offensive line in rounds 2-4. 

Just my opinion, what's yours?

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Do you think highly of Ferrell? He had his way with Jonah and that was without Lawrence playing to make him look better.

I don't understand the Ferrell hate on this board. He's very good just a bit inconsistent from what I've seen. (which isn't a lot AKA YouTube)

Burns or Jonah? That’s easy,.. Jonah all day long.

Ferrell and Jonah,.. that’s out of my hands but I wouldn’t bitch either way. Ferrell is a monster and Jonah is a great pick.

Burns I’m not sold on at all for 16. I think he’s a project. I think you would get better value on a similar boom or bust player with Jelks later on. Chase Winovich has a much higher motor than Burns. There’s other “Burns” later in the draft that are not putting 16 at risk. 

So Ferrell or Jonah flip a coin— need wise we need Ferrell much more than we need Jonah so I would say Ferrell if I had to. I’m a Jonah fan so that’s a tough pill to swallow

Archived