• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Searcy Waived

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

You saw him play 3 years ago.. Let it go he has improved..

Have you watched him play in Arizona and LA?

Because apparently front office personnel on 32 teams have and they don't agree with you.  

The other safeties are on the market because they are older.  Tre is 26 and still unsigned.  He sucks.

Current safetys available not named Boston or Berry.  Darian Stewart, Glover Quin, John Cyprien, Kurt Coleman, Andre Hal, Marcus Gilchrist, Chris Conte, Reggie Nelson,  Mike Mitchell.  All of these guys started at least last year.  Hal and Mitchell are coming off injuries.  The sky is not falling. 

8 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Current safetys available not named Boston or Berry.  Darian Stewart, Glover Quin, John Cyprien, Kurt Coleman, Andre Hal, Marcus Gilchrist, Chris Conte, Reggie Nelson,  Mike Mitchell.  All of these guys started at least last year.  Hal and Mitchell are coming off injuries.  The sky is not falling. 

We need depth and insurance at FS. I could see Hurney bringing in Conte or Nelson on a one-year deal. Andre Hal retired last month.

9 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Who is the fastest out of this group because I'm tired of getting burnt over the top. 

4 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

Who is the fastest out of this group because I'm tired of getting burnt over the top. 

Agree with you on that. Not sure about how fast he is but Conte was a former 2011 3rd rounder by the Bears. Played his college ball at Cal (Rivera's alma mata) and only 30 yo. Former WR and S in HS. Productive tackler but not so in the INT area. 

23 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Missed 1.  Ron Parker also available.

14 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Have you watched him play in Arizona and LA?

Because apparently front office personnel on 32 teams have and they don't agree with you.  

The other safeties are on the market because they are older.  Tre is 26 and still unsigned.  He sucks.

Yes.. And he has looked better than any Safety on our roster the last 2 years..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BostTr00.htm

Also If you listen to Charlotte radio him not being signed yet might been for a reason as he might have been waiting for the team he wants to play for getting there ducks in order to give him a fair contract...

Also Ansah, Berry  nor is SuH signed yet do they suck to??

Ansah is hurt.  Suh's value doesn't match his internal value.  Berry is older and coming off an achilles tear.  Boston is none of those things.  

What is a highlight tape going to show?   

Show me all the plays where he whiffed a tackle, took a bad angle, or gave up on a play.  

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Ansah is hurt.  Suh's value doesn't match his internal value.  Berry is older and coming off an achilles tear.  Boston is none of those things.  

What is a highlight tape going to show?   

Show me all the plays where he whiffed a tackle, took a bad angle, or gave up on a play.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BostTr00.htm

So I guess you neglected looking at the numbers.. Because you don't care about stats.. The actual thing that tell you what a player has done???smh

I didn't like Tre in his first go with us, but I feel like he's improved since his departure. He's not going to be in the Pro Bowl anytime soon, but he would be an improvement over what we have... on a 1-yr deal - I'm ok with it. 

I'd prefer Gilchrist or maybe Stewart equally as much. Gilchrist is a heady and versatile SAF that can also play NB. We could roll a great package of Reid-Gilchrist-Gaulden out there as well. 

We aren't making a move until after 5/7 in order to not affect our comp picks, but the release of Searcy, combined with the Luke restructure makes me think we make two moves...

DL - Bailey

S - Gilchrist

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

He signed Searcy. I’m still waiting to save the $5m on Smith. I wish Philly hadn’t baited that hook. Same with Gano. Man, I wish we went with Butker. Waive Gano and Worley without the trade and we’ve got $20ish million in extra cap room.

He’s been decent (last year’s FA was bad and Gano over Butker was bad), but giving him credit for cutting Searcy is like giving Gettleman credit after Shepard was cut before his second year. Neither was a “good” move, they were bad signings.

No one could have predicted Searcy getting two concussions that close together, that's not on Hurney. Smith, a jet receiver, was paired up with a QB that couldn't fling the ball 20 yards down the field -- I think we can wait to judge that pickup this season after Cam is back to normal. That veteran presence couldn't have hurt to be there for our two young and dynamite receivers. Gano is not a problem and proved to be an asset. A great kicker will win you some games, but if a game is lost by a missed field goal then there were many fails before the kicker ever lined up for the field goal...

I'm not sure you really are right about any of your "bad" signings. 

Archived