• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 NBA draft thread

ncfan

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

And his identical twin brother was the POY and better.

The disfunction is real with this team

Nah Cody is much better on defense. Should be a solid ball handler with size and defensive versatility off the bench. Very low ceiling pick but whatever. I love McDaniels at 52 for his upside so it balances out.

I think it was a fine draft. Pretty happy with Washington, I think we've got a nice young group of guys. Might be moving towards a Marvin Williams trade to get below the luxury line should we re-sign Kemba.  

1 hour ago, archer4364 said:

Nah Cody is much better on defense. Should be a solid ball handler with size and defensive versatility off the bench. Very low ceiling pick but whatever. I love McDaniels at 52 for his upside so it balances out.

I think it was a fine draft. Pretty happy with Washington, I think we've got a nice young group of guys. Might be moving towards a Marvin Williams trade to get below the luxury line should we re-sign Kemba.  

Cody sucks.. He is a soft bigman who is injury prone has no post game and jumper not reliable enough and no range to be a pick and pop player.. Also not a big rebounder or rim protector.. I honestly don't see his value other than he runs the floor and is athletic..

Washington is nearly the player Marvin was and will be a rotational tweener at best.. We have enough rotational tweeners..

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

A Tarheel fan watching every Kentucky game?  Okie dokie

Well, when you are a big college BB junkie....now live in Northern Kentucky and every UK game is on tv...and not much ACC is on tv...you watch pretty much every UK game.

okie dokie 

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Right in front of Washington at 10 and 11 were the cams...reddish and Johnson 

would you have rather had one of them?

I absolutely would have rather had Cam Reddish. The Cam Johnson pick was probably the worst in the first round, without question. That was a guy that was going to be available at 20-30. It was a strange draft, for sure. Little plummeted, Bol Bol plummeted and guys like Bazley and Johnson got massively overdrafted. 

You know who I would have rather had above Washington? Doumbouya, Alexander-Walker, Bitadze. Hell, how about trade down for Little or Kabengele. And...Cody Martin?? Hey, maybe go draft Bol Bol instead of THE WRONG fuging MARTIN TWIN.

That's a novel concept, maybe actually shoot for someone that has high end NBA talent. Or we could just keep beating our head against the "productive college player" wall that has had so much success for us. And...really, another Kentucky player? You want to know the only successful UK player we have drafted so far? WE TRADED HIM TO THE GODDAMN CLIPPERS ON DRAFT DAY LAST SEASON.

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

Right in front of Washington at 10 and 11 were the cams...reddish and Johnson 

would you have rather had one of them?

Yes

And yes?

Reddish is a no brainer you take ahead of him

Johnson surprised some people but not me.  The way the league is moving with and stretch 4s.  Johnson is the same size (maybe a hair taller and longer), just as athletic.  And is not a good shooter but a Elite shooter.  And not just buffed from limited shots shooting 45.7% from deep off of about 6 attempt a game.  The gyy was the offensive effency leader in the ACC (yes even over Zion).  Cam's thing that was hurting him was his age.  And they see less upside in him because of it.

He also can do something that Washington really struggles with is putting the ball on the floor.  Was listening to someone talking on wfnz analyzing the pick this morning and they mentioned Washingtons handling is worst than Kaminsky 

Washington is a solid player but his ceiling is real low.  Just another avg role player.  And we need a Lot more than just that at this time

Sekou Doumbouya would've been the best overall for us there.  Floor is not that much lower than Washington's but had the highest ceiling in this draft.

Makes me sick to think

We couldve had Doumbouya and then traded both 2nds (and Monk if needed) for Kevin Porter Jr who fell.  2 Really high upside picks, who if Both didnt workout.  We would still be sitting in the same situation as we're in now.

11 hours ago, TheRed said:

Watching the Pelicans just back their way right out of the Anthony Davis era and right into Zion Williamson with the #1 pick makes me want to throat punch someone.

They were handed Anthony Davis on a silver platter and were handed Zion on a silver platter while able to get a poo load in return for Davis. Bullshit. Must be nice to have that kind of luck

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Yes

And yes?

Reddish is a no brainer you take ahead of him

Johnson surprised some people but not me.  The way the league is moving with and stretch 4s.  Johnson is the same size (maybe a hair taller and longer), just as athletic.  And is not a good shooter but a Elite shooter.  And not just buffed from limited shots shooting 45.7% from deep off of about 6 attempt a game.  The gyy was the offensive effency leader in the ACC (yes even over Zion).  Cam's thing that was hurting him was his age.  And they see less upside in him because of it.

He also can do something that Washington really struggles with is putting the ball on the floor.  Was listening to someone talking on wfnz analyzing the pick this morning and they mentioned Washingtons handling is worst than Kaminsky 

Washington is a solid player but his ceiling is real low.  Just another avg role player.  And we need a Lot more than just that at this time

Yeah, the problem with Johnson is he's not a good athlete or a good defender. He is basically a one-dimensional shooter. That kind of removes him from the 3 and D role. He has an extremely limited skill set, so that really does project as being a bench/role player. That is why he was projected so low and that is why that pick was almost universally panned. 

I can't explain the Washington pick. I just simply do not understand what the fug we are doing.

Archived