• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest rated MLB in Madden?!

CanadianCat

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Here's the true test--have someone read my original post that does not know the races of the two players in question and see if they find ANY racism in it at all.  Ace Boogie only found it racist because of one, solitary, underlining criteria: comparing two football players--one who just so happens to be black and the other one is white.  Nothing else mattered at that point, it was an obviously racist post...in his mind anyhow.

I completely agree with you. I think he just brought his rod with him and came here fishing for attention.

Lot of people sleeping on Luke's athleticism...

Wagner had the faster 40 time, further broad jump, and higher vert (meaning he probably has better acceleration), but Luke had better stats across the board

Wagner's Combine:

Ht Wt 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 0 14 in
(1.84 m)
241 lb
(109 kg)
4.46 s 1.57 s 2.64 s 4.28 s 7.10 s 39 12 in
(1.00 m)
11 ft 0 in
(3.35 m)
24 reps

Luke's Combine:

Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 3 14 in
(1.91 m)
242 lb
(110 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
9 34 in
(0.25 m)
4.58 s 1.57 s 2.63 s 4.12 s 6.92 s 38 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
27 reps 34

Those splits show that when Luke gets up to speed he's just as fast as anyone, and his shuttles and 2 cone drill are elite.

People don't give Luke enough credit for his athleticism. Not only is he one of the smartest in the game, the guy is stupid athletic too.

16 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'm a PSL owner too, what does that have to do with anything? Why would I PM you for...an education? Is that "code speak"?  I would drop it dude, you've beclowned yourself enough already and looking worse in every additional post.  And no, one person with a warped sense of reality is not going to run me off this board.

You said I was hiding behind a keyboard. I offered to meet and you proceeded to hide behind a keyboard. And yes you do need an education on code speak, Black stereotypes, and how to compare opposite races without engaging in both. It’s not your fault, it’s the society we live in. 

3 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Lot of people sleeping on Luke's athleticism...

Wagner had the faster 40 time, further broad jump, and higher vert (meaning he probably has better acceleration), but Luke had better stats across the board

Wagner's Combine:

Ht Wt 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 0 14 in
(1.84 m)
241 lb
(109 kg)
4.46 s 1.57 s 2.64 s 4.28 s 7.10 s 39 12 in
(1.00 m)
11 ft 0 in
(3.35 m)
24 reps

Luke's Combine:

Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 3 14 in
(1.91 m)
242 lb
(110 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
9 34 in
(0.25 m)
4.58 s 1.57 s 2.63 s 4.12 s 6.92 s 38 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
27 reps 34

Those splits show that when Luke gets up to speed he's just as fast as anyone, and his shuttles and 2 cone drill are elite.

People don't give Luke enough credit for his athleticism. Not only is he one of the smartest in the game, the guy is stupid athletic too.

Both are two smart players who are very athletic. If he was only making plays because he’s the “smart one” then he would be a coach not a player. 

20 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Dude, seriously? When the fug did anyone ever suggest Bobby Wagner wasn’t intelligent? Go find it. Show me. 

You cant because it was literally never even hinted that Wagner is a “dumb black man” and this whole thing is honestly making you look pretty stupid. Seriously, wtf is your deal? Stop making issues out of thin air dude. This is pretty ridiculous 

“Call me partial, but as Luke is special with his knowledge of the game.  That's no slight to Bobby Wagner, it's just a fact.  Opponents routinely say that Luke calls out the plays pre-snap and I'm not sure if Bobby Wagner is able to do that at the same level as Luke.

This quote insinuates the separation between Luke and BW is Luke’s “knowledge of the game”

How can that be proven as a fact that Luke has the higher football iq? The problem outside of the assumption that a black man is less intelligent is that most people here only watch Panthers football. Luke doesn’t do anything that BW can’t. So Bobby Wagner is unable to diagnose plays at the same level? He’s unsure that he’s able to do that? Why? Why is that assumption made? At best it’s blind homerism and at worst it’s racist. 

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

“Call me partial, but as Luke is special with his knowledge of the game.  That's no slight to Bobby Wagner, it's just a fact.  Opponents routinely say that Luke calls out the plays pre-snap and I'm not sure if Bobby Wagner is able to do that at the same level as Luke.

This quote insinuates the separation between Luke and BW is Luke’s “knowledge of the game”

How can that be proven as a fact that Luke has the higher football iq? The problem outside of the assumption that a black man is less intelligent is that most people here only watch Panthers football. Luke doesn’t do anything that BW can’t. So Bobby Wagner is unable to diagnose plays at the same level? He’s unsure that he’s able to do that? Why? Why is that assumption made? At best it’s blind homerism and at worst it’s racist. 

He literally told you why he holds that opinion yet you have completely ignored it to fit your narrative that society is full of subconsciously racist white men. 

He has already stated that any time you watch a nfl top 100 special you will find numerous players from opposing teams, both white and black players, will praise Luke for his ability to diagnose and call out their plays pre snap. 

Is Luke the only MLB that is capable of doing this? No. Is Luke only able to do this because he is white? No. Is Luke known for doing this throughout the league? Yes.

You are the one turning this into a somehow racist comment. You are the one with the problem here. And because the above doesn’t fit your narrative, you are willfully ignoring counter arguments. 

This sh*t you are so upset about? It’s on you dude.

19 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

So there’s a direct correlation between intelligence and ability? The best players in the league are also the smartest? Are you suggesting Rob Gronkowski was the smartest Tight End in football for years?

For what it's worth, he actually kind of is regarded that way. Sports Illustrated did a piece on him called Football Mastermind awhile back that highlighted his high football IQ which was an interesting read. That's why he was so versatile. They never had to repeat an assignment to him because he gets it the first time. Belichick, has always praised him for his football mind. He's also rumored to be a mathematical whiz that can instantly calculate difficult equations in his head. Easy to confuse party Gronk with Rob Gronkowski. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Rockets said:

For what it's worth, he actually kind of is regarded that way. Sports Illustrated did a piece on him called Football Mastermind awhile back that highlighted his high football IQ which was an interesting read. That's why he was so versatile. They never had to repeat an assignment to him because he gets it the first time. Belichick, has always praised him for his football mind. He's also rumored to be a mathematical whiz that can instantly calculate difficult equations in his head. Easy to confuse party Gronk with Rob Gronkowski. 

Fair enough lol but I think AceBoogie is concerned with general intellect as opposed to football IQ, if he’s invoking those kinds of broad racial stereotypes. Didn’t know that about his math prowess though...the only math I’ve heard associated with Gronkowski is when he asked reporters “what’s 6*9 + 6+9” or whatever lol

12 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Fair enough lol but I think AceBoogie is concerned with general intellect as opposed to football IQ, if he’s invoking those kinds of broad racial stereotypes. Didn’t know that about his math prowess though...the only math I’ve heard associated with Gronkowski is when he asked reporters “what’s 6*9 + 6+9” or whatever lol

That’s the other problem here. AceBoogie seems to be confusing football IQ with actual intelligence here. Those are two completely different things but he’s mixing them up throughout this entire conversation. 

Plenty of players in this league with great football IQ that are fugging idiots off the field. 

7 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You said I was hiding behind a keyboard. I offered to meet and you proceeded to hide behind a keyboard. And yes you do need an education on code speak, Black stereotypes, and how to compare opposite races without engaging in both. It’s not your fault, it’s the society we live in. 

If that was a veiled threat to somehow kick my @ss, then please say so...spell it out.  I'm not into "code speak" as you would say.  Again, I need no "education" from you about race relations or anything else for that matter.  To me that's a blatant racist remark in and of itself that one has to "educated" in how to talk someone of the opposite race.  You apparently have a racial inferiority complex and it is eating away at you from the inside.  I'm not backing down from my original statement and you think (wrongly) I'm a racist.   We are at stalemate, therefore, I'll let you get in the last word in and I hope makes you feel a little better about yourself as this tit-for-tat is getting old to me.  Seriously though, seek some help man. 

On 7/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, AceBoogie said:

So Bobby Wagner is better in the eyes of some because of what? He’s just physically gifted right? God forbid a black man be just as smart as a white guy. 

One had a 34 wonderlic score, the other an 8. The same with the higher wonderlic also had better measurable at the combine.

On 7/14/2019 at 3:14 PM, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Oh and for the fugging record, I have held the opinion that Calvin Johnson is probably the smartest player to grace the league in a few decades, maybe ever along with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

CJ scored 41 on his wonderlic

Archived