• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One concerning note after hearing the Bills slant from joint practice

ncfan

I like to listen and read from both sides to get a good picture.  We hear all the positive stuff from our people.  So hearing their slant angle brings it back down to earth.

Joe Marino, one of the main guys at draftnetwork and pretty good at his job.  He is based in the Charlotte area (and married to a die hard panthers fan).  He also runs one of the better Bills podcast.

He was down at Spartanburg covering the bills and had 2 camp reports for them.

1 thing struck me as a concern though.

His second podcast he talked about the Bills defense.  He did say though 

"Before I dig into the Bills defense.  There is some to note about the Panthers offense.  It is Incredibly Slow in terms of Pace, Getting in and out of the huddleGetting to the Line, and Getting the ball Snapped.

"it is unbelievable how long it took to get plays run"

"their staff called multiple delay of game penalties on themselves"

now Shula when here, everyone had their pitchforks out over 2 things

1. Predictability 

2. Speed.  The ammount of times Cam lines up with only 2-3 seconds left on the playclock and passrushers timed with the clock

Also Ron has taken some heat in the past because when we went to a faster pace, our offense looked like a machine.

So what is the fugging deal that these issues are still persisting!?  Shula's gone and it seems that issue is still there.  Is it Ron?  Cam?    We've shot ourselves in the foot over the years with that, changed coordinators and sounds like the issue hasnt changed

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I like to listen and read from both sides to get a good picture.  We hear all the positive stuff from our people.  So hearing their slant angle brings it back down to earth.

Joe Marino, one of the main guys at draftnetwork and pretty good at his job.  He is based in the Charlotte area (and married to a die hard panthers fan).  He also runs one of the better Bills podcast.

He was down at Spartanburg covering the bills and had 2 camp reports for them.

1 thing struck me as a concern though.

His second podcast he talked about the Bills defense.  He did say though 

"Before I dig into the Bills defense.  There is some to note about the Panthers offense.  It is Incredibly Slow in terms of Pace, Getting in and out of the huddleGetting to the Line, and Getting the ball Snapped.

"it is unbelievable how long it took to get plays run"

"their staff called multiple delay of game penalties on themselves"

now Shula when here, everyone had their pitchforks out over 2 things

1. Predictability 

2. Speed.  The ammount of times Cam lines up with only 2-3 seconds left on the playclock and passrushers timed with the clock

Also Ron has taken some heat in the past because when we went to a faster pace, our offense looked like a machine.

So what is the fugging deal that these issues are still persisting!?  Shula's gone and it seems that issue is still there.  Is it Ron?  Cam?    We've shot ourselves in the foot over the years with that, changed coordinators and sounds like the issue hasnt changed

New plays. Making sure guys know what they need to do. Young QBs trying to get the call out. Norv taking his time to find the right play to work on. It’s practice. Could be anything.

Will Grier had some issues with tempo in the huddle. Cam had significant issues with this last season, and that’s not all on him by the way. I understand the concern, but that did not stand out as alarming. Both teams had the same issue.

I won’t disagree with his reporting completely on this, because he does raise fair points. Again, this was a problem last year. And I didn’t see cam rolling out of the huddle with bad tempo at all. 

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Honestly don't recall it being a problem at all last season with Norv at the helm.

Well, I hate to disagree, but there were several instances where timeouts were burned in the most egregious of situations. At one point in the second half of the Tampa game at home, I believe they called all three of their timeouts on one series.

He was on WFNZ this morning and was pretty complimentary for the most part...He said that he thought Williams gave us the best chance at LT and is an upgrade from Chris Clark and said that the OL should be a lot better than last year.  He also said that Daley has been working at Guard and Tackle the last few days..i really hope we may have found a diamond in the rough with him.  

WFNZ

Just now, ellis said:

Well, I hate to disagree, but there were several instances where timeouts were burned in the most egregious of situations. At one point in the second half of the Tampa game at home, I believe they called all three of their timeouts on one series.

I think every team has situations where they're not sure how they want to attack a defense or formation. 

I'm referring to the general - Cam breaks the huddle and the clock is already red. It used to seem like 90+ percent of the plays were like this. Not so much last season. 

Just now, bull123 said:

Been a problem for years

And thats the thing.  It was all so pinpointed Shula.  Now that he's gone and its still going on, who's to blame?  We cant keep letting defenses time the snap, keep from allowing Cam draw then offsides, burning timeouts etc. 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And thats the thing.  It was all so pinpointed Shula.  Now that he's gone and its still going on, who's to blame?  We cant keep letting defenses time the snap, keep from allowing Cam draw then offsides, burning timeouts etc. 

Voth did an article on it a couple years ago. Cam watching replays of the previous play on the video boards was named as the biggest issue. Cam has also said in a press conference he sometimes stumbles on playcalls in the huddle.

Archived