• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice updates

ncfan

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If you were only talking NFL you should have said so. You didn't and now are backpedaling and excuse making instead of admitting you were wrong 

So why is Moton playing right tackle ? Because he can't play the left or they like him on the right? Maybe last year Moton played right tackle  because they liked Clark on the left because he was better on the left than the right.  Does that mean Moton can't play it?  Of course not.

Maybe Oklahoma already had someone they liked on the left so Williams played the right.  Or maybe we put our best tackle on the right because a number of great rushers like Von Miller line up against the right tackle not left. Read the article and educate yourself 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/31/nfl-left-tackles-michael-lewis-blindside-right-tackles-left-defensive-ends

No, you don’t like my opinion so you found a ridiculous deflection from the actual point. As always. I said sumtnin bad about the team and upset you. As always.  Every coach he’s ever had doesn’t see him as a LT. That’s a fact. All your deflections above are make believe. Just like they don’t want Moton on the left. But it will be fine because he played in a bowl game 6 years.  ago. 

If Williams is good at LT, and we have had a need there for his entire career, why hasn’t he gotten A shot? 

Sure. That’s why LTs get 15M/yr and RTs get 10M/yr. Because there is no difference . 

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

No you don’t want to debate because I actually apply logic to every point where your position is already known by all. 

Whatever the team does is right. No matter what. And if your reality was even close to true, the Panthers would have 10 consecutive Super Bowl wins. 

What other reason have you given that has any merit. None. Same as always. 

Not sure whom you are describing,but it isn't me. 

Last I checked, this wasn't a James forum. So either stick to the subject, or stfu. 

I remember a player whom was pegged an elite RT, that could play left if needed to, but would never have a high ceiling there. Yet he was drafted in the top 3rd of the first round. 

He played right tackle for us his first season. Then when the team switched him to the left the following season, the fans cried fowl, that the coaches didn't know what they were doing, and they were better off leaving him on the right.  For MOST of his career, fans still thought he shouldn't be out there playing left tackle. 

He ended up being the best left tackle in franchise history. 

Stop pigeonholing players because you can't grasp that they develop, and can end up playing other positions quite well. 

Don't bother responding. You don't know what your talking about on this subject, and ya certainly don't know who the hell I am. 

56 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No, you don’t like my opinion so you found a ridiculous deflection from the actual point. As always. I said sumtnin bad about the team and upset you. As always.  Every coach he’s ever had doesn’t see him as a LT. That’s a fact. All your deflections above are make believe. Just like they don’t want Moton on the left. But it will be fine because he played in a bowl game 6 years.  ago. 

If Williams is good at LT, and we have had a need there for his entire career, why hasn’t he gotten A shot? 

Sure. That’s why LTs get 15M/yr and RTs get 10M/yr. Because there is no difference . 

What you call a deflection is actually the main point. Every point you are making is countered in the article. Why is Williams playing left tackle instead of right,? Williams is good with the run but often needed help with the pass on the right side in 2017. Moton is better against the pass and good with the run. The hit JJ Watt put on Cam was from the right side not the left and it is fresh on every panther mind. What is the quickest path to getting to that shoulder? Yeah a quick swim on the right. Moton is there to protect Cam's shoulder.  Plain and simple. He is our best tackle and has to protect that surgically repaired shoulder.

Williams is the second best tackle we got so he gets the left side. By default.

Is that going to be a big problem you ask? Yes and no. Just like we had to give Williams TE help on the right, he might need it on the left. And Norv will pattern his QB protections based on who needs the most help and what they are trying to accomplish on the play. Go back and really read the article. You put them at right or left depending on who is the stronger or weaker of the pair.   Which in our case the stronger will.be on the right side and rightfully so. You have to get the traditional thinking of left versus right out of your head. In today's game your best pass protector is on the right not left. Which is why right tackle is the most thankless job. You get all the best pass rushers and get paid half as much.  That is why your whole argument that Williams shouldn't be at left tackle because he never played there is totally irrelevant. As long as he is the 2nd best guy we have, he goes in after we put Moton where we need him. Williams is a one year retal while we let Matso coach up Little for next year. Read the article, it is really well written and makes some compelling points if you can adjust your thinking to what it is instead of what it was.

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

To be fair, we don’t pay anything to be here lol. 

which is why less and less posters are coming back to the site

reddit has way less ads, mods the actually mod, and a downvoting system that keeps trolls and reactionaries at bay

ive given the price of a madden to this site via all pro, plus endless ad views

i care because ive spent a lot if time in this site over the years, and have watched it go into the toilet. its become an ad cesspool that churns when a panic narrative comes into play. 

instead of actually producing content worth paying for, less and less all pro members means the ret of us get bombarded with ads. 

its sad. this place used to be really unique with a sense if community. now its just people going after pie like it actually ads a sense of self worth, reactionary threads, and..  hold in let me get this annoying thing out if the way..  ADs 

im just voicing my dissatisfaction because i believe what ive seen warrants criticism and i actually care about the huddle

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Not sure whom you are describing,but it isn't me. 

Last I checked, this wasn't a James forum. So either stick to the subject, or stfu. 

I remember a player whom was pegged an elite RT, that could play left if needed to, but would never have a high ceiling there. Yet he was drafted in the top 3rd of the first round. 

He played right tackle for us his first season. Then when the team switched him to the left the following season, the fans cried fowl, that the coaches didn't know what they were doing, and they were better off leaving him on the right.  For MOST of his career, fans still thought he shouldn't be out there playing left tackle. 

He ended up being the best left tackle in franchise history. 

Stop pigeonholing players because you can't grasp that they develop, and can end up playing other positions quite well. 

Don't bother responding. You don't know what your talking about on this subject, and ya certainly don't know who the hell I am. 

Tug at the heartstrings with a Jordan Gross story. A top 10 pick who was playing LT by year 2. As has been pointed out, Williams didn’t even play it in college but one game. 

I’m describing you. You know you’re a biased homer only topped by the other one in this thread. You don’t like it. Too bad. I’ll STFU whenever I’m ready. 

22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

What you call a reflection is actually the main point. Every point you are making is countered in the article. Why is Williams playing left tackle instead of right,? Williams is good with the run but often needed help with the pass on the right side in 2017. Moton is better against the pass and good with the run. The hit JJ Watt put on Cam was from the right side not the left and it is fresh on every panther mind. What is the quickest path to getting to that shoulder? Yeah a quick swim on the right. Moton is there to.protect Cam's shoulder.  Plain and simple. He is our best tackle and has to.protect that surgically repaired shoulder.

Williams is the second best tackle we got so he gets the left side. By default.

Is that going to be a big problem you ask? Yes and no. Just like we had to give Williams TE help on the right, he might need it on the left. And Norv will pattern his QB protections based on who needs the most help and what they are trying to accomplish on the play. Go back and really read the article. You put them at right or left depending on who is the stronger or weaker of the pair.  Which in our case the stronger will.be on the right side and rightfully so. You have to get the traditional thinking of left versus right out of your head. In today's game your best pass protector is on the right not left. Which is why right tackle is the most thankless job. You get all the best pass rushers and get paid half as much.  That is why your whole argument that Williams shouldn't be at left tackle because he never played there is totally irrelevant. As long as he is the 2nd best guy we have, he goes in after we put Moton where we need him. Williams is a one year retal while we let Matso coach up Little for next year. Read the article, it is really well written and makes some compelling points if you can adjust your thinking to what it is instead of what it was.

So all this is saying Williams will be a solid LT. Because that’s a helluva spin job on why should we believe DW can suddenly play LT? I’m sure having CMC or Olsen blocking won’t affect the offense much. Those same coaches have exhausted every option possible before this but now suddenly this is a good idea. Make up whatever makes you feel better but actions speak louder than theories. 

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

My point holds true. 

Your wrong about me, but I know you don't give a fug about being right.  And I don't care that your wrong about me.  So you can post whatever you want to about me on this forum if you feel it strengthens your arguement. 

Yes......it’s all about you......lolllllllll

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

So all this is saying Williams will be a solid LT. Because that’s a helluva spin job on why should we believe DW can suddenly play LT? I’m sure having CMC or Olsen blocking won’t affect the offense much. Those same coaches have exhausted every option possible before this but now suddenly this is a good idea. Make up whatever makes you feel better but actions speak louder than theories. 

It doesnt matter if he is great or not. He made all pro on the right with help from the tight end. He might need it again. You just don't pay attention to anything but what you are thinking and posting. He is playing on the left because he is the second best tackle on the team and we paid him 7 million to.play on the left. We will have to scheme and work around any issues. But he should be okay and right now that is the best we can do. I argue that you among most put way too much emphasis on old style thinking that isn't true anymore. Funny that I as an old man is having to educate you on modern thinking about tackles based on what is actually happening versus your outdated thinking about the left being more important than the right. Look at Cam's biggest hits. They came from the right side not the left. Until you can wrap your head around the analytics here, there is no reason to discuss it anymore. Every argument you make is just not true anymore let alone the best option for the Panthers.

48 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

which is why less and less posters are coming back to the site

reddit has way less ads, mods the actually mod, and a downvoting system that keeps trolls and reactionaries at bay

ive given the price of a madden to this site via all pro, plus endless ad views

i care because ive spent a lot if time in this site over the years, and have watched it go into the toilet. its become an ad cesspool that churns when a panic narrative comes into play. 

instead of actually producing content worth paying for, less and less all pro members means the ret of us get bombarded with ads. 

its sad. this place used to be really unique with a sense if community. now its just people going after pie like it actually ads a sense of self worth, reactionary threads, and..  hold in let me get this annoying thing out if the way..  ADs 

im just voicing my dissatisfaction because i believe what ive seen warrants criticism and i actually care about the huddle

While the ads are extremely annoying, it is the plethora of haters and know-it-alls that have brought this site down. 

I have been a member of this forum since it's inception. +/- a month or so.

I remember the offseason were a tad boring but still good topics and when  training camp started. There were many good topics and you could spend hours reading good opinions (some bad ones too). An occasional riff but for the most part a great forum. 

Today a good post gets2 or 3 pages worth of comments while a post that has very little relevance to the Panthers get 10.

I have been overseas working as a contractor since I retired from the US Navy so the huddle has been a part of my daily ritual.

What I find the most disturbing is when a poster disagrees with a draft pick they pick and pick at every chance they can.  Take this poster.  You'll probably see he was adamantly against Little and now tha he isn't starting he has the ammo he needs to trash him.

Had we not taken Little he would have been at the front of the line bitching about how we didn't draft a LT again. 

The logic of Moton protecting the right shoulder of Cam makes perfect sense. 

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Oh, I’m not like Ron. I would have dumped Gano and signed Mathieu to a multi-year deal in 2018. I’d bet with my $14M in Gano savings I’d only be on the hook for $26M (14M saved on 4 year 40M deal) and had Mathieu at FS for 2018-2021. Or signed him this year and only have $28M net to pay and have him at FS for 2019-2021. With the Gano savings it would be like having Mathieu on the same deal as Reid, which now looks good. I also would have stayed put at 47 for Little (I absolutely think he would have been there) and had 77 or 78 to pick one of the many Gs.

It was a strong draft for guards.Nate Davis, Michael Deiter and Conner McGovern would have all been there. Of course, noe that its done, I hope Little proves a lot of people wrong and dominates LT.

Archived