• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton Vs Luck

Devil Doc

35 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Not even in the same league.  Cam carried this franchise to the playoffs year after year, despite all the hurdles and even played with a busted shoulder for at least one season, probably two.  He is the poster guy for the perfect team player worthy of number 1 pick. 

Interesting to note Cam has played 124 regular seasons games (68-54-1, .557) over the course of 8 seasons. 

Luck only played 86 games (53-33, .616)  over course of 5.5 seasons.

Luck = 8 playoff games (4-4). 

Cam = 7 playoff games (3-4).

22 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Interesting to note Cam has played 124 regular seasons games (68-54-1, .557) over the course of 8 seasons. 

Oh those pesky facts. 

46 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Oh those pesky facts. 

NFC SOUTH > AFC SOUTH ....and it aint even been close at least the last 7 years. Switch the teams from their divisions and the colts dont even sniff the playoffs over here.....maybe 1 or 2 wins tops. Panthers have a better record playing in the AFC South easily. Gotta consider that in those pesky facts. 

58 minutes ago, SBiii said:

MVP Awards

Newton 1 

Luck 0

NFL OPOTY

Newton 1

Luck 0

Superbowl appearances

Newton 1

Luck 0

Random stats amirite!?

8 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Random stats amirite!?

Super Bowl is really just one more playoff game and if you don't win it no point in bragging on it.  The individual things you mention are not relevant, on par with a beauty pageant.

1 hour ago, SBiii said:

Again, do you have an alternative metric you would like to present?

If so, please do.  If not, pipe down.

Ok pippy, answer me this...are interceptions and fumbles worth 6 points to the other team? No they are not, so you can't subtract them from TD's to get a net.

Using your logic you could just as easily throw in penalties for and against (like pass interference) or how about 4th downs converted. Sounds ridiculous, right?

You are mixing apples and oranges. But carry on, it's no bother to me.

1 hour ago, Marguide said:

Ok pippy, answer me this...are interceptions and fumbles worth 6 points to the other team? No they are not, so you can't subtract them from TD's to get a net.

Using your logic you could just as easily throw in penalties for and against (like pass interference) or how about 4th downs converted. Sounds ridiculous, right?

You are mixing apples and oranges. But carry on, it's no bother to me.

So....you cite " hundreds (of) readily available and accepted" stats....that would support your position vs. the facts I posted....

....and you can't even post/produce a single solitary one?

That said, yes, I do believe turnovers are worth as much as TD's, possibly more....

>  TO's deprive the team of possible points

>  TO's simultaneously avail the other team of possible points

>  TO's destroy momentum for the team possessing the ball

>  TO's create momentum for the team capturing the ball

The expected value of each of those items adds up to a minimum of 6 points and I think a good argument can be made for 8 depending on how often a player/team turns it over close to the goal line (either end) vs. in the middle of the field.

Bottom Line:

Regardless of whether or not you like the stat, it's applied evenly and is fair to both players, period.

Personally, I’ve never compared because there’s never really been a comparison. 

I respect Luck . Don’t feel the need to talk negative about him just because I like Cam. 

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

Respect to both ....but to me, it’s not even close from an overall perspective.  I like a bit of personality to go along with talent. 

Luck is one of the few QBs in this league I respect where he is not beholden to a system.

As for the comparison with Cam, all you have to do is look at the way the colts build their team. All offense, meanwhile the panthers have Cam zero help his first 6 seasons 

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Luck is one of the few QBs in this league I respect where he is not beholden to a system.

As for the comparison with Cam, all you have to do is look at the way the colts build their team. All offense, meanwhile the panthers have Cam zero help his first 6 seasons 

except they didn't build an offensive line to protect him.  got him killed.  kinda like we did with cam

Archived