• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honest Observations

KillaCamNewton

Most honest and logical reaction to yesterday’s game op.

i too thought Middleton made a great play on the int, didn’t think cam locked in on Olsen but thought the lb bailed right at the perfect moment. 

I thought the pi was legit, anytime they see jersey being held a flag is coming.

goff made the same overthrows and miscues cam did if not worst. Overthrew a wide open woods on a corner route, also should have thrown a second pick when he forced a ball to woods when cupp was open. 

All in all a good game, hate to be on the losing side but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes 

40 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

There is a game plan in place, and Ron has a lot to do with that game plan.

I'd be shocked if Ron was being honest if he didn't think long methodical drives hence keeping that offense on the sidelines was the best way for us to win yesterday.

We all want to score points, quickly, that ain't really Ron's MO.

I have no idea how much Ron is involved in making the offensive game plan. Has that been documented somewhere? I agree with your assumptions based on the kind of football games he's said he liked. But I'm not convinced he has any input into what Norv does.

Regardless, my point is that blaming Ron for anything the offense does (and not even mentioning Norv) is wrong. Sure Ron gets blame/credit as HC but specifically bashing the offense and naming him is forgetting that Norv exists and has autonomy (as had been documented). That's all I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Also Cam has his heat back on the ball. Some of those passes had some zing on them. I have no doubts that Cam has his power back but Its the mental hurdle to look deep again and his timing that is his biggest roadblock. I expect that to be gone against the bucs or the game after.

I've watched a lot of games at BOA, and Cam looked to have just as much zip on his passes yesterday as he did prior to injury.  The misses weren't b/c of any physical limitation.  They were overthrows, and if anything, they had too much zing on them.

7 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I have no idea how much Ron is involved in making the offensive game plan. Has that been documented somewhere? I agree with your assumptions based on the kind of football games he's said he liked. But I'm not convinced he has any input into what Norv does.

Regardless, my point is that blaming Ron for anything the offense does (and not even mentioning Norv) is wrong. Sure Ron gets blame/credit as HC but specifically bashing the offense and naming him is forgetting that Norv exists and has autonomy (as had been documented). That's all I'm saying.

There is 1 common denominator though....Ron Rivera.

Ron likes to keep his defenses rested.  He plays a brand of football that doesn't allow for many mistakes.  He likes to run the ball.

It's a traditional style of game, and while I don't think for a second that Ron is advising Norv on play calling, plays selected, etc...he is absolutely telling Norv how he wants to play that weeks opponents.

20 hours ago, Panthers are good said:

I really think that Ron is just not a good coach and is stuck in his 1980s mindset. You have to be unpredictable on offense, why do the Panthers never ever ever go into no huddle before the game requires it? Why? Oh that's right, cause Rivera can't stand the idea of moving the ball quickly and potentially getting the defense back on the field. Guess what Ron? The offense stalls out on a 3 and out and the defense still has to come back on the field quickly. Change up the flow of the game, adjust. That's what McVay did in the second half and it killed the Panthers defense.

Cam fuged up big time yesterday, no doubt about it. He has to make those throws and I think he will end up being ok. Even if he doesn't have a great year, I think he will start trusting himself, using his feet more and will get a groove. He definitely messed up yesterday, but the coaching is pathetic and will continue to be so because Rivera can't change and won't change out of pure stubbornness

Perfect description of fans whom always blame coaching.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:09 PM, Moorgan said:

Great post OP. Agreed.

For those blaming Ron for not going up-tempo (no huddle)...remember the Offense is 100% controlled and called by Norv. Your problem is with Norv not Ron. Sure, Ron, as HC, can dictate that but we all know he wouldn't do that and seriously, we wouldn't want him to. I'm not saying the criticism isn't valid. I'm saying you're directing your ire at the wrong coach...for this specific complaint.

That's simply not true due to the simple fact that this is how it has always been with the Panthers since Ron has been the HC. The HC dictates the tempo and philosophy of the team and we all know what Ron wants. Don't give me that Norv is in control BS, Ron doesn't want high tempo unless its necessary and it's obvious as we've never really done it under his tenure.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:28 AM, pantherclaw said:

Perfect description of fans whom always blame coaching.

Ummm I did blame Cam for messing up on those throws though? When have you seen Ron change for the better in his 8 years here? The only time he's made a change in philosophy is when he's under threat of losing his job. He plays it safe and conservative. If he coached like he was always going to get fired, he would be much better. The HEAD COACH is the man in charge, he deserves the most blame of anyone on the team when the team isn't performing to the standards they need to. Simple as that.

Archived