• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Ron was fired during the season, who would be the interim head coach?

Hotsauce

There is plenty you can say about Rivera that isn't positive but he is good enough to make it through a losing year. We would definitely squeak out a couple wins later in the year if we were to tank early. He is also a players coach so I doubt he loses the locker room and forces a hand even if he tanks. 

So my question is: Is bringing in a interim coach going to get us into the playoffs or is it just for satisfaction? IF Ron looses every game this year till a late run he could still keep the team civil and get fired in the offseason. It would be brutal but it's not like Ron is Rex Ryan. Yall want to see Washington without Ron again? Face it, that time is past and Ron is the perfect coach to have to not fire mid year. I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least curious about seeing the Younger Tuner is a interim role.

Anyways, doesn't matter because it's week two and this is way premature. 

Lol at people salivating over the prospect of Rivera getting fired.

we have had one thread talking about how soon will Rivera get fired and now this one asking who will step in mid season to take over?

Y’all are out of line at this point in a season pure and simple. I’m honestly to the point where I no longer believe these people to be fans.

why? They are practically opening rooting for us to lose.

imo that is something a fan should never do. I have always been the firm believer in win every game you can and let the chips fall where they may.

i have never, nor will I ever root for this team to lose or a coach to fail. Because why on earth would I root to watch a my team fail.

i will say it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that Rivera will either stay or go this year based on how the team performs this year, nothing more or less. So it’s pretty much playoffs or bust. I don’t believe anyone is debating this at all. 

But the worst part is I seriously believe that these same people would be upset about the panthers making the playoffs!

So as a fan, why in God’s name should you ever be upset about your team making and possibly winning a playoff game? Absolutely never. 

So you’re not a fan at that point. You’re a malcontent that is simply using this game to voice frustration about other shortcomings in your life. Laugh it off if you want but I have no other reasoning behind openly Rooting against a team are supposedly a fan of, other than there  or some other personal issues going on. Because that poo is crazy yo.

So in short get a life man(or woman). If you root for us to lose I honestly don’t want you anywhere near my team, the panthers. So feel free to go follow someone else. Patriots bandwagon may be a bit full but I’m pretty sure you will find the crowed more to your liking since half of them have jumped ship from their previous team as well.

By falicia 

I wouldn’t imagine Norv would want to do it. I think he’s here to groom Scott and to enjoy a few years of coaching Cam Newton. Don’t think he wants to be a head coach again.

As long as were doing week two hypotheticals, here would be my shortlist:

Perry Fewell

Eric Washington

I don’t see anybody else with substantial experience on any level as a HC. Matsko doesn’t want that mess, either. 

18 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not going to root for Ron to lose his job in season.  He deserves better.  If he misses the playoffs, I expect him to fired post haste though.

That said, if that did come to fruition, my pick would be Scott Turner.  Why not?  You aren't making the playoffs.  Cam is likely too hurt to continue to play, and you may get a good look at an up and coming play caller/young offensive mind....something we have actually never seen as the HC of the Panthers.

Give it a whirl, why not, by then the Panthers will be BEGGING for something for the fans to get excited about.

Was thinking Scott as to keep Norv o. Staff it would need to be scott. Norv wouldn't take HC. 

Archived