• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive line played well? Nextgen stats argues they were really bad.

Saca312

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I would like to see some things change that could help the OL---if we were on the LOS sooner, they could alter the cadence and detect blitz giveaways.  The when you are snapping the ball on a hand clap at 1 second on the play clock, the DL tend to tee off.

Ahh this would be really smart. I wonder why we don't get to the line faster? Is it cause Ron Rivera wants to slow the pace down to rest his defense?

Find out NEXT WEEK on PANTHERS FOOTBALL

25 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I still cannot understand why we don't roll out, bootleg, screen more, and run some 21 and 22 personnel to allow for more time. Maybe, Cam is not accurate on the move, that is the only reason I can think as to why we don't bootleg. Hell, Atlanta and Michael Vick made a living torching teams with bootlegs.

Not hating on Newton but his screen attempts didn't look too good.

3 minutes ago, Panthers are good said:

Ahh this would be really smart. I wonder why we don't get to the line faster? Is it cause Ron Rivera wants to slow the pace down to rest his defense?

Find out NEXT WEEK on PANTHERS FOOTBALL

That is not how football is played in the 1980's. LOL. bRontosaurus does not approve.

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Most of Tom Brady's career has been passes with the ball out in under 3 seconds.  It's not a bad thing.  The difference between us and them is that they are hitting the receivers in stride, and the scheme is designed in such a way that leaves the receivers wide open.  

Combination of bad passing and lack of creativity in the route designs.

There were a lot of receivers wide open on Sunday for us. Sometimes 2 and 3 on the same play.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

There were a lot of receivers wide open on Sunday for us. Sometimes 2 and 3 on the same play.

Curl out routes are low percentage in general and that's what Norv rolled with in general on the verticals.

Also, just because a receiver is open doesn't mean he's part of the read. Reminder, football is not like madden where a QB can see the whole field. OC's dictate what a QB primary read is on certain play, which may be just one receiver or bust a lot of the time. Half-field reads and less are most reasonable in the NFL, with full-field reads being a once in a blue moon type of deal.

For last sunday, Cam's progression always started short and would move out as necessary. Plenty of receivers looked open, but they were not the primary read or even part of it at times. Not on Cam Newton, as the playcalls dictated a certain line of progression and ensuring the ball is out quickly.

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

I still cannot understand why we don't roll out, bootleg, screen more, and run some 21 and 22 personnel to allow for more time. Maybe, Cam is not accurate on the move, that is the only reason I can think as to why we don't bootleg. Hell, Atlanta and Michael Vick made a living torching teams with bootlegs.

Cam is the best dual threat QB of all time.

He is not the best scrambler and passer.  He is much better from the pocket than on the move, whereas Russ is better on the move than in the pocket.

18 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Curl out routes are low percentage in general and that's what Norv rolled with in general on the verticals.

Also, just because a receiver is open doesn't mean he's part of the read. Reminder, football is not like madden where a QB can see the whole field. OC's dictate what a QB primary read is on certain play, which may be just one receiver or bust a lot of the time. Half-field reads and less are most reasonable in the NFL, with full-field reads being a once in a blue moon type of deal.

For last sunday, Cam's progression always started short and would move out as necessary. Plenty of receivers looked open, but they were not the primary read or even part of it at times. Not on Cam Newton, as the playcalls dictated a certain line of progression and ensuring the ball is out quickly.

Don't know how you can know that if you don't know what play was called or whether receivers ran the right route or what audibles were called. Watching his eyes may tell you what happened but not always what should have happened.  

Archived