• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey is hurting this offense

AceBoogie

6 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

why are people pooing this? making a running back the focal point of your offense is ancient football a la ron rivera. CMC is great but it's a losing strategy.

I have no problem with making a running back the focal point of the offense, especially one as versatile and dynamic as McCaffrey.

I have no problem with making a receiver the focus of the offense.

I have no problem with making a tight end the focus of the offense.

Hell, I'd have no problem with making a fullback the focus of the offense.

The problem is that none of those approaches are worth a damn if you don't have other options that can be effective if the player that's your main focus gets shut down.

We all believed that we had that. Tonight's game made it look like we really don't.

The thing to is we dont have a reliable short yardage back at this point. They have used cam for years and even had the dancing bear for a while.. but since those guys and maybe stew... we been doing dumb plays like trying to get cmc to power through the line of scrimmage like hes Todd gurley or something. And that scat back sweep on 4th and half a inch is terrible.

Even Belichick would have qb snuck the ball with Brady there.. this was abysmal.. get a power back and avoid the unnecessary cuteness on 4th and a thumb.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Then why make that final playcall?

Sad to say, Bowles gambled that we couldn't beat him with the rest of our weapons, and he won.

I seriously doubt he'll be the last guy to try that strategy.

I guess they expected Hargreaves to follow Samuel in motion and clear the edge. The guy made one hell of a stop, gotta appreciate that type of effort. Should've never came down to that one play, because the weapons you speak of, look beaten and lost... so yeah I'd give to the guy that wants it, otherwise they'd have it.

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

This isn’t a knock on Christian. He’s the best offensive player we have. But we overuse him to the point where it’s predictable. We need to let Cam run more, he’s just a different player when he runs. Who remembers the famous Igo photo after Cam is finally unleashed and allowed to run again? 

This offense has lost its swagger and honestly Cam doesn’t even look happy playing football. 

This coaching staff might have already ruined Cam’s career and it’s sad. They’re going to ruin Christian next by running him into the ground. 

Lets hope they open up the offense and let Cam be Cam. He’s clearly not happy out there and his play is reflecting that. 

Offensive line sucks

Ron Sucks

I’m sad

No joke. I thought of Andrew Luck during Cam’s presser where he said, “I’m tired of being hurt.” He looked broken. And CMC should never play 100% of snaps.

Also, I’m not convinced that Cam wants to run.

He couldn't make the play, but the loss isn't on him. CMC has become a crutch for this offensive staff. There's no ingenuity or imagination in these gameplans.

Honestly, Norv is worse than Shula. I was skeptical about how we only interviewed Norv and brought in absolutely no one else at the time. Turns out hiring only your buddies who won't rock the boat isn't a very successful coaching formula.

This is going to be a dreadfully long season. I honestly wouldn't blame anyone if they just stop watching altogether.

Archived