• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game was CMCs to win

KaseKlosed

Just now, stbugs said:

He's an idiot. When we played the Rams last week, they schemed to get Gurley outside 1 on 1 on Bradberry by completely sealing off the DL/LBs and it worked, they sealed us off well. We did not do that at all. Even the announcers mentioned that we didn't get those two Tampa defenders inside sealed off. That means that unlike Gurley last week, CMC had no chance to cut inside for the easy walk in, he had to get outside Hargreaves when he's behind Hargreaves to start. If you seal off the other guys, the RB can go in multiple directions. If you block like we did, CMC gets half his options cut off and gets forced to beat a guy to the corner who's already outside him.

Right, looking at that screencap it looks like he is going to have to outrun another elite athlete with speed who has a head start or try to cut back where it would be 3v1. We didn't block it right. Plus it was a terrible call.

Alllllll these excuses for a RB.... a RB job is to break tackles. This was man vs man and cmc turned out to be a boy.... this was sad.... he completely nutted up with game on the line... I guess they dont run the Oklahoma drills anymore.... weak azz cmc on this play pissed me off 

Just now, doomer said:

I mean we've seen CMC drag 3 people for an extra yard or two. He's strong enough...he did it in this very game. He needed less than a yard.

Just because we have seen it doesn't mean it is an intelligently designed play. Having your best players go 3v1 is a recipe for shortening their careers.

Archived