• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Arizona’s Air-Raid Offense

ellis

1 minute ago, ellis said:

I know it’s not “retirement/walking boot/fashion/kaepernick” talk, but I’m impressed with the Cards protection on that first play. Dear heavens, Little Kyler has an hour back there.

3 DL vs 5 OL and there was no window dressing of what the OL was getting.   I mean every OL in the NFL should win that play. 

I hope the Panthers don't plan to consistently defend against those looks like they did.   I think you just gotta bring the pressure.

Man, Kyler Murray is going to be one hell of a player once he gets a little more time under his belt.  Also, I think that Kliff is going to end up being a great, innovative HC in the NFL.  I'm low-key kinda jealous of what theyve got working there in the desert.

28 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Why does that matter he can't tackle anyway.

Reid needs to go to a middle school clinic on basic tackling.  He is usually in good position but then acts like throwing his shoulder is gonna end a play.  Watch some dang Luke film 

43 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We gonna play a lot of Nickel or is Shaq going to basically be a 3rd safety you think?

I think you’ll see more dime, too. Shaq doesn’t match up poorly against Johnson, IMO. I think Ron will mix it up. 

With our secondary an Air Raid is not a solid matchup. Our best hope is that the DL can get some pressure on KMurray and we can try to limit any big plays. Kirk is a solid receiver and Fitzgerald even in his old age is nothing to sneeze at. We can't afford for someone like Reid to not wrap up on these quick routes and let it turn into big gains.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Call me a skeptic, but I'm going to be waiting to see whether Kingsbury can prove he's not just Chip Kelly part deux.

Long-term, I agree. Short term, I still think it’s a dangerous offense. Once defenses catch up and a bit of the novelty wears off, it could very well turn into a Kelly situation.

It’s funny, they keep hitting the wall in the red zone. It’s been a trend over the past couple weeks, and KK’s actually been criticized quite a bit for settling for field goals. Something we will touch on more tonight.

Archived