• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[ALL-22] AMA and thoughts - Rewatch Tampa Bay @ Carolina

PantherBrew

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think CMC is going to have 100+ yards.  Tampa pretty much refuses to let the run beat them and willingly concedes to die by the pass if you can get them off.  

CMC, Kamara, Gurley.  They shut them all down. 

If the Giants can beat them.  We can beat them.  Just gotta hit what they give us.   

Well we might be screwed then.  Gonna need a break out game from Samual or DJ. Because Michael Thomas and Robert Woods put up huge numbers. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen the OL get a lot of praise from folks this year. Honestly don't think a lot of it is deserved.

The QBs getting the ball out fast makes them look better than they actually are sometimes.

The entire league has moved to the quick passing game. It isn’t just us with poor line play. 

The college game has completely obliterated the development of top tier olineman (sans a few) and the nfl is riddled with poor offensive line play which results in a much quicker tempo based passing attack. Accurate QBs (Brady, Brees, Wilson) are excelling, while the freelance types (Ben, Cam, Luck, Deshaun, Baker) are getting killed.   Even Rodgers has taken his fair share of beatings. 

line play across the board is extremely poor

I don't see them scoring 20 against us again.

I read their starting RG and RT are injured and will be out.  And Bruce irvin, who didn't suit up for us in wk 2, will add to our DL depth.  Expect a lot of pressure on Winston, with sacks and turnovers to result.

On the other side, they stacked it against the run, knowing Cam was restricted in his passing ability.  Their pass defense is a sieve, and I think Norv/Allen will exploit that with Samuel and Moore.

Decisive win for the Panthers, and if Jax can take care of the Saints at home, we could be tied for the Division lead.

That's the upside.  The downside is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

The entire league has moved to the quick passing game. It isn’t just us with poor line play. 

The college game has completely obliterated the development of top tier olineman (sans a few) and the nfl is riddled with poor offensive line play which results in a much quicker tempo based passing attack. Accurate QBs (Brady, Brees, Wilson) are excelling, while the freelance types (Ben, Cam, Luck, Deshaun, Baker) are getting killed.   Even Rodgers has taken his fair share of beatings. 

line play across the board is extremely poor

No argument on that, but it is still possible to build a good offensive line if you draft well and make it a priority.

OL isn't a priority with Rivera. All of his highest priorities are on the defensive side of the ball.

CMC should be used as more of a decoy in this game as they will be spying him all day.

Move him in motion and crossing patterns to Moore will be there.  Allen will just have to be accurate.

The off tackle stuff for CMC will be shut down, or at least that will be there plan.  It worked last time.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen the OL get a lot of praise from folks this year. Honestly don't think a lot of it is deserved.

The QBs getting the ball out fast makes them look better than they actually are sometimes.

Most of the praise I have seen for the Oline is about the run blocking, and it is well deserved.  Pass blocking, not so great.  

Archived