• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent Returner Candidates

App Panther

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

For the few minutes it takes the NFL to put him on the Exempt List, sure. After that you're paying him to do nothing.

I wouldn’t touch the guy at all but that’s not necessarily true. A team could easily structure the contract with all non guaranteed roster bonuses for each game and sign a 2 year deal if they wanted so they could still have him after the NFL disciplines him. He’s so talented some dumb team will bring him back to the league at some point but it will not be us that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

I wouldn’t touch the guy at all but that’s not necessarily true. A team could easily structure the contract with all non guaranteed roster bonuses for each game and sign a 2 year deal if they wanted so they could still have him after the NFL disciplines him. He’s so talented some dumb team will bring him back to the league at some point but it will not be us that’s for sure.

Assuming he accepts that sort of structure...

The general belief right now is that the NFL is dragging out the investigation because they know teams will be reluctant to sign him with the prospect of his being put on the exempt list hanging over their heads.

It's fairly smart if you think about it. If they actually did put him on the list, then he could appeal it. If no action is taken, there's nothing to be appealed.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Assuming he accepts that sort of structure...

The general belief right now is that the NFL is dragging out the investigation because they know teams will be reluctant to sign him with the prospect of his being put on the exempt list hanging over their heads.

It's fairly smart if you think about it. If they actually did put him on the list, then he could appeal it. If no action is taken, there's nothing to be appealed.

I don’t know what the hell goes on in that guy’s head, but that structure is better than being out of the league...

But teams won’t be all that reluctant at some point if Brown seems to clear his act up. What is making team reluctant is Brown’s state of mind and his issues, not how the NFL is treating the situation. Redskins signed Foster knowing he’d go on exempt list. Same with Browns and Kareem Hunt.

And I don’t believe you can even appeal the exempt list, since it’s a paid leave of absence and is spelled out in the CBA. In the recent cases of the exempt list, I don’t believe any were appealed at all.

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don’t know what the hell goes on in that guy’s head, but that structure is better than being out of the league...

But teams won’t be all that reluctant at some point if Brown seems to clear his act up. What is making team reluctant is Brown’s state of mind and his issues, not how the NFL is treating the situation. Redskins signed Foster knowing he’d go on exempt list. Same with Browns and Kareem Hunt.

And I don’t believe you can even appeal the exempt list, since it’s a paid leave of absence and is spelled out in the CBA. In the recent cases of the exempt list, I don’t believe any were appealed at all.

I don't really think you want to know what goes on in that guy's head.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Zylestra and Bonnafon in house make sense to give a shot.

Outside the organisation, Anthony Ratliff Williams is an undrafted rookie with return experience that was in for a tryout not long ago.  Think he's on the Raiders practice squad now.

This is actually a good idea here...nice find

Archived