• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter needs to cross that "source" off his list.

SBiii

4 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Cam is not practicing yet so no... he won’t have two weeks of practice and opponent is extremely relevant.  Cam is rusty as hell, first game back and you want him to start against basically the best D in NFL?  Talking about throwing a lamb to the wolfs, destroying his confidence and giving Allen supporters even more ammo. Dumb.

Well, that's certainly a loser mentality to take.

Just now, ARSEN said:

It’s a common sense mentality.  Only an idiot would want Cam to start after 6 days of practice.

That's almost certainly what will happen whenever he returns. You're going to have a healthy Cam running your scout team in practice? You can't have two guys taking starter reps. Not if you want to actually have a starter prepared to play.

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I swear I'd think this SB guy was sanjay if his typing wasn't so good. He's so dimwitted with the things he posts like sanjay was

He had an account before that I think got banned. He was in on the Luck vs. Cam debate for years with some very strange stats that made no realistic football sense.   And he would absolutely flood threads with them.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He had an account before that I think got banned. He was in on the Luck vs. Cam debate for years with some very strange stats that made no realistic football sense.   And he would absolutely flood threads with them.

You're the same guy who accused me of being part of some sort of white supremacy group too, right?

Stop with the lies pal.

Edit:  Not gonna mute you after all.  What I'd prefer to do is see you offer an alternative opinion that we can debate in a non-personal manner ---- are you able to do so?

If not, just scroll on by my topics and/or comments, the scroll button is your friend.

19 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Here is how it can be positive:

Very early on in this process I had heard references in early articles that Cam's camp would be in favor of Cam shutting it down unless REALLY healthy given his contract status. If this is coming from his camp, it means that they believe he is healthy enough to have a season that will benefit him in a future contract negotiation; whereas, his play while injured was having the opposite effect.

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard. Every game Cam misses is a lost opportunity to get a fat contract. Not only that but Cam video his injuries from the Panthers staff. You bet your bottom dollar Cam is rushing back and the Panthers are going to make sure he's 100% before he does because the league could fine them. 

55 minutes ago, SBiii said:

You're the same guy who accused me of being part of some sort of white supremacy group too, right?

Stop with the lies pal.

Edit:  Not gonna mute you after all.  What I'd prefer to do is see you offer an alternative opinion that we can debate in a non-personal manner ---- are you able to do so?

If not, just scroll on by my topics and/or comments, the scroll button is your friend.

No that wasn’t me. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard. Every game Cam misses is a lost opportunity to get a fat contract. Not only that but Cam video his injuries from the Panthers staff. You bet your bottom dollar Cam is rushing back and the Panthers are going to make sure he's 100% before he does because the league could fine them. 

I suggest that you reread what I said. The reports made perfect sense. By playing injured he was hurting his stock significantly (and likely increasing the chance of worse injuries) which is perfectly consistent with the idea that he was harming his leverage in any contract negotiation. If, as I supposed, this information was leaked from Cam's agent or at his behest it is a sign that they believe he is ready to play in a manner that will increase his leverage in any future contract negotiation. In other words, the Panthers are the beneficiary of "good Cam" rather than immobile, hobbled, and injured Cam.

Only time will tell the reality of the situation.

I fail to see anything dumb in either my post or supposition. It is not even controversial. If anything, it borders on self- evident.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is a very real competitive advantage being ambiguous about our QB situation. Following a bye would be the perfect time to bring Cam back if he's ready giving him two weeks to prepare as the starter. But who knows if he's ready? Best to keep the Niners guessing and put it on them as to which QB they want to focus on preparing to defend.

How's Ron done so far with two weeks to prepare for someone? Has he shown he can outsmart any coach with an allotted amount of time? This is a legit question. 

52 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

How's Ron done so far with two weeks to prepare for someone? Has he shown he can outsmart any coach with an allotted amount of time? This is a legit question. 

I think we're 4-4 overall after a bye, 4-5 including SB50. But, in recent years we've been considerably better. Early on, we were atrocious after a bye.

Archived