• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HBO's Watchmen

Dex

Is it Watchmen?

Because the first 10 minutes basically has nothing to do with watchmen. 

If there isn’t a blue naked man from mars and them not trying to make Rorschach a bad guy by the end of this episode I’m going to be seriously pissed. 

Not a bad show so far. But don’t call it what it’s not.

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Is it Watchmen?

Because the first 10 minutes basically has nothing to do with watchmen. 

If there isn’t a blue naked man from mars and them not trying to make Rorschach a bad guy by the end of this episode I’m going to be seriously pissed. 

Not a bad show so far. But don’t call it what it’s not.

Rorschach, Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan as well as others are all referenced. Relax my guy. Also during that "storm" it looks like the after effects of the monster that Ozy set loose on NYC as an easter egg. But I believe HBO said this won't be a direct adaptation but it clearly draws inspiration from it and will be using it's characters and themes. Plus it takes place 30 years after the comic so the world is going to be different.

35 minutes ago, Dex said:

Rorschach, Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan as well as others are all referenced. Relax my guy. Also during that "storm" it looks like the after effects of the monster that Ozy set loose on NYC as an easter egg. But I believe HBO said this won't be a direct adaptation but it clearly draws inspiration from it and will be using it's characters and themes. Plus it takes place 30 years after the comic so the world is going to be different.

The First Ozmandias scene should have been the first scene. HBO has seriously lost its touch since before GoT.

It’s just bad writing. No matter how good it could be. It’s just bad writing(and editing. And direction).

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The First Ozmandias scene should have been the first scene. HBO has seriously lost its touch since before GoT.

It’s just bad writing. No matter how good it could be. It’s just bad writing(and editing. And direction).

While GoT certainly ended up being a steaming pile of poo toward the end I can't agree with you overall. Succession is brand new and fuging outstanding!

Also Chernobyl just won 10 Emmys. Even though HBO is going through internal changes they're still the pinnacle of tv entertainment.

21 minutes ago, Dex said:

While GoT certainly ended up being a steaming pile of poo toward the end I can't agree with you overall. Succession is brand new and fuging outstanding!

Also Chernobyl just won 10 Emmys. Even though HBO is going through internal changes they're still the pinnacle of tv entertainment.

Emmys are the equivalent of a participation award except market trends take the picks. 

That entire episode should have been in reverse almost. Horrible editing. 

Plus Dr. Manhattan wouldn’t have let Rorschach's name be used in vain, he still had a heart.(the only actually morally good character in the entire thing being turned into something he wouldn’t hesitate to kill; Yaaaa, y’all loose serious points.)

Overall, intriguing show. Wasted effort on the concept of watchmen. 

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Emmys are the equivalent of a participation award except market trends take the picks. 

Plus Dr. Manhattan wouldn’t have let Rorschach's name be used in vain, he still had a heart.(the only actually morally good character in the entire thing being turned into something he wouldn’t hesitate to kill; Yaaaa, y’all loose serious points.)

Lmao whatever you say my man.

11 hours ago, Harbingers said:

LOL, calm down, Alan. 

What the hell did I just watch? Had this show not been entitled Watchmen I would not have been able to tell you what I was watching. So why call it that?

This first episode was disjointed, un-intriguing, incoherent and nothing grabbed me to want me to stay. I really hung on hoping they were going somewhere interesting, instead I sat watching something I thought was done by a mentally inept David Lynch.

What this has to do with the original Watchmen graphical novel or movie, which both satirized the super-hero concept in a very entertaining way, is a complete mystery.

I really had high hopes for this show, I'm gonna try to give it one more episode and hopefully it changes my mind.

57 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I think its great i am hooked. my only complain is that they just give you question after question, while not really answering anything yet. 

Get used to it.    These guys made The Leftovers.   One of my favorite shows ever and I can tell you, there will probably always be questions.    Just enjoy the ride lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it.  The idea of this alt-history with contemporary race issues is an interesting way to look at it.

I do love the questions that get asked, and I think there's a lot of room for the show to have it's own story in the same world as the Heroic Watchmen.  I'm halfway through the 3rd episode at this point.  I really like the characters well, they feel interesting, fragile and damaged.

And certainly, if you don't like, that's great.  Opinions are wonderful, and it's fine to disagree.

Archived