• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons send Sanu to the Patriots

Hotsauce

S*** the Patriots might as well have aimed for Calvin Ridley then... still I think Sanu is better than Matt Ryan has made him look. Hope he lights it up at the Pats and makes the Falcons look like the true idiots. Patriots likely don't care about the last pick of the second round though.

58 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Damn, a 2nd for Sanu? That’s crazy. I know it’s a late 2nd but still. Maybe it says something about how long Brady will be around. 

Makes total sense. Brady is 42 years old and finally seems to be showing some cracks. Belichick is 67 so there's that too. They'd be insane to NOT go all in and try to get another championship before the entire house comes crashing down.

Just now, Sanalove said:

Makes total sense. Brady is 42 years old and finally seems to be showing some cracks. Belichick is 67 so there's that too. They'd be insane to NOT go all in and try to get another championship before the entire house comes crashing down.

I'm not sure what the plan is for the future but I think too many are banking on the collapse of the Patriots after those two leave. Agreed, it seems like Brady's clock has to be ticking by now but I think they'll remain competitive.

A 2nd for Sanu probably is a result of bidding by several teams which may have included the 49ers. They have several injured WRs and he played for Shanahan when he was OC of the Falcons.  Doubtful he would have played this W/E but you never know.

heres what I wish some would understand because every year during trade time or draft time everyone wants to hold their draft picks close to their chest like playing cards but not wanting to show the table your hand...

This is a typical Bill Belichick move that throws the cards on the table makes the moves necessary to win a Super Bowl year in and year out.  Bill doesn't care what the media or anyone thinks.  This may seem like a lot given up for a player like Sanu, but this is exactly what the patriots needed and they just added a playmaker to their already powerful offense with probably a historically great defense and propelling forward into their probable next Super Bowl victory.

I am tired of this lets build for the future lets hold on to our draft picks etc etc.  Play every year like its Super Bowl or nothing.  This philosophy has made the dang Pats what the Pats are.  

Panthers need a WR and maybe some secondary and OL help.  F what the media and fanbase says lets make a dang move and lets win right now!

Bill's philosophy is stack the cart F the mule.  Deal with it later.   And they do, by come 2nd round of next years draft I GUARANTEE you Patriots will have a 2nd round pick back, hell probably 2.  They will make moves to cover their butts, but aint worrying about it now... Winning is the only thing on their minds right now.

41 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Essentially a very very late round 2nd more likely than not.  Both sides benefiting.  Atlanta understands they need to sell while value is there.  

Gave up a Late round 2nd AND if they let Sanu walk then they can recoup a comp pick back.

They give up a little to help out their WR depth. 

Archived