• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone Would Have Taken 4-3 When Cam Went Down in Week 2

Seltzer

This sucks, and it doesn't exonerate the defense, but being 4-3 without Cam is about as good as we could hope for.

Allen has played admirably, and this isn't on him, but we need Cam back to compete with elite teams.

Today is exhibit #1. 

Let's just take this L and get Cam back for the Titans at home next week.

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m not sure that 2015 Cam could have won this game today

You're not wrong, but even a defense like this hot Niners defense couldn't pass rush a healthy Cam that could run with impunity.

This game and this defense shows the limitations of Kyle Allen.  He is still a good QB, but he's not one that can rescue a team when nothing else is working like Cam can when healthy.

Just now, Seltzer said:

You're not wrong, but even a defense like this hot Niners defense couldn't pass rush a healthy Cam that could run with impunity.

This game and this defense shows the limitations of Kyle Allen.  He is still a good QB, but he's not one that can rescue a team when nothing else is working like Cam can when healthy.

Would love to see Cam stiff arm Bosa into the ground.  Sick of seeing him run around like a little vagina flailing his arms everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This sucks, and it doesn't exonerate the defense, but being 4-3 without Cam is about as good as we could hope for.

Allen has played admirably, and this isn't on him, but we need Cam back to compete with elite teams.

Today is exhibit #1. 

Lol... oh you were being serious...

19 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He was 4-0 before today.  There is nothing more you can hope for from a undrafted guy as your backup

I do agree with you there... except I dont count wins and losses as a qb stat. Wins come from team effort. Losses as well. I dont think 4-0 should define allen.

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I do agree with you there... except I dont count wind and losses as a qb stat. Wins come from team effort. Losses as well. I dont think 4-0 should define allen.

This is because you have sense. This is like the cherry picked stat where analysts all week have said Kyle Allen hasn’t turned the ball over and he does a terrific job of protecting the ball when they completely ignore his fumbling issue. 

Wins and losses aren’t a reliable QB stat. 

19 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Today is exhibit #1. 

It’s not about record and sure as hell isn't about a single player or position on a 53 man team and it’s kind of baffling you seem to not understand that.

It’s the fact this confirms why every Panther fan feared. Our TEAM can’t beat a good team. And that’s a problem for many reasons, mainly our upcoming schedule.

25 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Today is exhibit #1. 

100%. Kyle was great for us but anyone with a lick of sense knows Cam is our franchise QB. I think we should keep Kyle around long term if he is affordable but he will never be our franchise QB.

Move on from this thumping and fight for that WC spot.

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I do agree with you there... except I dont count wins and losses as a qb stat. Wins come from team effort. Losses as well. I dont think 4-0 should define allen.

Of course.  Allen is not the sole reason we won 4 straight, but he didn't lose the games either.  He did all we could realistically ask given the circumstances

21 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s not about record and sure as hell isn't about a single player or position on a 53 man team and it’s kind of baffling you seem to not understand that.

It’s the fact this confirms why every Panther fan feared. Our TEAM can’t beat a good team. And that’s a problem for many reasons, mainly our upcoming schedule.

We are playing arguably the best team in the NFC on the road when they are hot as can be.  

Today sucks but it's not a reason to give up on the season

Archived