• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hindsight being 20/20

stankowalski

Should Cam have jumped on that fumble  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cam have jumped on that fumble

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if it contained chicken wings

I got poo'd from a couple of people for stating that I believe that Cam should've jumped on that fumble in the Superbowl.  I also said the same thing back then.  Reasoning being that you never know when you're going to get back.  A lot of people back then were saying that no he shouldn't risk it because of the injury risk.  But I say if you're in the Super Bowl you do what it takes to win. 

BTW...Jake Delhomme would've jumped on that fumble.

You do realize that the situation in that game changed everything?  Short field they get another TD.

End game stats
First downs-Panthers 21, Broncos 10

Total yards-Panthers-315, Broncos 194

Defining stat (of which Cam was a big part of) Turnovers-Panthers 4, Broncos 2

Cam cost us that game.  I don't forgive poor Super Bowl performances.  We should have had our first Super Bowl in SB50. 

I'll bite on this. That one play did not lose us that game. It was a collection of bad plays, bad/no calls, and poor game preparation that lost us that game. Watch the positioning of the two closest Denver players on that play though, had Cam dove in for the ball he would have gone head first into the first Denver player and had the second one coming in to possibly lay another collision on him, which could have resulted in in being injured and out of the game. 

All in all, we lost, poo happens, it was four years ago. Move on.

Archived