• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claim Donte Moncrief

KSpan

37 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Don't have to worry about 4th string WRs beating him out here since we basically dont have one.

I can only see this as a positive move.

Think he's just a stop gap at depth until Hogan returns

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You have to factor in the element of risk though.

Every team in the league but one thought Gordon was too big a risk.

What risk is there with Gordon more than Moncrief? If we don’t claim Moncrief, he could easily went unclaimed. 

Neither is a risk really. Both making under 1M. But I’ve seen Gordon play well this year at least. Moncrief was a disaster consistently

Gordon’s injured Donte isn’t and I looked on the net really quick it seems like he dislocated his finger preseason. Had all four drops week one vs NE seems correlated then he fell out the loop. I’m not saying we’ve gotten a gem but we’ve probably upgraded from our fourth wideout hopefully his desperation or hunger shows up seeing that he’s talented as ever but almost in the xfl.

19 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Exactly. One is a vet who has proven numerous times to lack effort and can’t catch. One hasn’t even gotten a shot. It’s obvious you don’t have a clue how bad Moncrief has been. 

Sadly, even Gordon was a better option

But at the same time Moncrief has shown he can catch.  It could be that he was merely having a bad year in Pitt.

Where Zylstra hasn't shown to be able to do the only thing he is even on the team for.  KR/PR.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What risk is there with Gordon more than Moncrief? If we don’t claim Moncrief, he could easily went unclaimed. 

Neither is a risk really. Both making under 1M. But I’ve seen Gordon play well this year at least. Moncrief was a disaster consistently

Injury Risk.  Suspension Risk.  Gordon could have been unclaimed as well.  Seahawks were the *only* team to place a claim.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then why didn't somebody take him?

Remember, we're not the only ones to make that decision. Given how talented everybody knows Gordon can be, do you really think 31 teams would pass on him if there wasn't something they were afraid of?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well if that's what you think makes a team backward, there are 30 other teams just as backward as we are, several of them with worse records.

So cause other teams do it that mean its right ? i hate when people say that . Exactly why we never had a winning franchise . Create your own identity . Get away from status quo 

4 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Injury Risk.  Suspension Risk.  Gordon could have been unclaimed as well.  Seahawks were the *only* team to place a claim.

He passed his physical. Doesn’t seem like the league has any issues ATM and I’m sure SEA checked. And one team claimed Moncrief. One team claimed Gordon. No difference. So why sign the guy that hasn’t done anything good all year? 

4 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

So cause other teams do it that mean its right ? i hate when people say that . Exactly why we never had a winning franchise . Create your own identity . Get away from status quo 

That sounds great as a motivational quote.

In reality, the vast majority of the teams in the NFL aren't stupid. If they're passing on a guy, there's usually a reason.

If you want to further explanation, I would say ask all of the teams that won a Super Bowl with Terrell Owens on their roster.

Only one problem with that...

There aren't any.

Archived