• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB controversy is over

GoPanthers123

No, this turns things up to 11. We don't know if Cam is done with the Panthers or not, just indications that it's possible.

Kyle Allen basically has 8 games to prove he isn't a JAG, hard to do. If anything this makes the off-season, and who will be the quarterback more questionable than ever.

Kyle Allen hasn't shown anything to warrant being given the title of starting NFL quarterback.

38 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no one has been rooting against allen. at most there's been satirical posts imitating unwarranted cam newton ire from allen's most suspiciously vocal supporters. stop burning your stupid selves at the stake.

Including yourself.

Just curious at what stooping to that  level of idiocy for weeks on end do exactly and how it better? What’s the purpose? That ‘ire’ for Newton from a Allen biggest supporters...are you talking about like 1-2 posters and if so I go back to the first question. If these people are coming in droves I must be blind as hell.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Including yourself.

Just curious at what stopping to that idiotic level for weeks on end does exactly? What’s the purpose? That ‘ire’ for Newton from a Allen biggest supporters...are you talking about like 1-2 posters and if so I go back to the first question. If these people are coming in droves I must be blind as hell.

We've had constant threads gloating over moving on from Newton this season, constant.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

On to the next one. Grier vs Allen! (joking)

As soon as Cam isn't in the picture it will happen. Right now the anti-Newton crowd need Allen to make an argument for them. After Cam is out the door they'll throw Allen under the bus for real prospect. That is unless Kyle actually becomes a NFL quarterback in this last half of the season.

Just now, Krovvy said:

As soon as Cam isn't in the picture it will happen. Right now the anti-Newton crowd need Allen to make an argument for them. After Cam is out the door they'll throw Allen under the bus for real prospect. That is unless Kyle actually becomes a NFL quarterback in this last half of the season.

I bet this makes a lot of sense in your head.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

We've had constant threads gloating over moving on from Newton this season, constant.

Guess I must be blind as hell. From the majority of the huddle all I’ve seen is happiness we have a young back up QB with promise for when Cam got back. I missed these constant threads for sure.

Just now, onmyown said:

Guess I must be blind as hell. From the majority of the huddle all I’ve seen is happiness we have a young back up QB with promise for when Cam got back. I missed these constant threads for sure.

I mean, as long as you admit you're blind.

34 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Why outside of Brady? He makes team friendly deals because his wife has 8-10 times his net worth.

I 100% agree. I was thinking more of rookie contracts a la Wilson, Goff, Wentz when they went to the super bowl. 

Theres no question Brady having a supermodel wife and not needing the extra money plays into their dynasty 

42 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no one has been rooting against allen. at most there's been satirical posts imitating unwarranted cam newton ire from allen's most suspiciously vocal supporters. stop burning your stupid selves at the stake.

You called me an idiot when I said Cam was done for the year a month ago.   Thanks idiot.   

49 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

This may be hard to hear... our best case is that Kyle Allen proves to be a serviceable starter so that we can cut cam and use his cap space on other positions. 

Outside of Brady the key to winning a super bowl is a good quarterback on a friendly deal. That’s not hyperbole that’s a fact 

Why would you cut someone you can trade? 

Archived