• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB controversy is over

GoPanthers123

1 minute ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Carry on.  We got a tough schedule ahead and you are onboard with who we have, or if not then it’s because Ron has to go. Allen didn’t warrant any hate by any of his actions on or off the field.

Rooting against Allen makes no sense anymore.

When did it ever?

This may be hard to hear... our best case is that Kyle Allen proves to be a serviceable starter so that we can cut cam and use his cap space on other positions. 

Outside of Brady the key to winning a super bowl is a good quarterback on a friendly deal. That’s not hyperbole that’s a fact 

4 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

This may be hard to hear... our best case is that Kyle Allen proves to be a serviceable starter so that we can cut cam and use his cap space on other positions. 

Outside of Brady the key to winning a super bowl is a good quarterback on a friendly deal. That’s not hyperbole that’s a fact 

Why outside of Brady? He makes team friendly deals because his wife has 8-10 times his net worth.

2 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Why outside of Brady? He makes team friendly deals because his wife has 8-10 times his net worth.

This. One of the huge advantages the Pats have enjoyed with Brady is that he has constantly given them a very team friendly deal. He makes average to below average starting QB money.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The OP stated: QB controversy is over.

Based on today's events, not sure why anyone would choose to disagree (at least until the Allen vs. Grier debate heats up).

Speaking for myself, it's because I don't believe there was one.

I define a QB controversy as a team having to decide between two viable choices.

After week two, Newton was no longer a viable choice.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking for myself, it's because I don't believe there was one.

I define a QB controversy as a team having to decide between two viable choices.

After week two, Newton was no longer a viable choice.

Well, until today, there was some hope that Cam would return at some point during the regular season.

That hope generated intense debate for many fans as to how and when Cam should reclaim his role as starting QB.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Well, until today, there was some hope that Cam would return at some point during the regular season.

That hope generated intense debate for many fans as to how and when Cam should reclaim his role as starting QB.

I don't think there ever really was any hope.

Now one key difference in terms here: I believe a quarterback controversy only happens within the confines of the team itself. If you're talking about a quarterback controversy among fans, that's another story. 

Also, you're a poo poo head :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Archived