• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different year, same old Huddle suck

Khyber53

Our QB gets injured for the season and the team, with a back-up QB, and the leading RB in the league goes 5-1. And while that is frikking amazing, it's really just the same old sh!tstirrers  whining, complaining, being racists, calling people racists, and constantly just tearing the team down.

Man, it gets old. Too many trolls here.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Keep shoving that head deeper in the sand, avoiding real thoughts and real emotions that really exist in the real world, brah.

While I enjoy a good political discussion as much as the next guy, and the real world does have very real issues, many, many people come to sports precisely to get away from all of that and relax, and doing so is perfectly valid and not putting their head in the sand. It's decompression. Also since you're mentioning "real" emotions, are you suggesting that we shouldn't be thrilled to be 5-1 with a backup qb, or that feeling is somehow not valid?

Your post seems to imply that Kyber is wrong to want to celebrate some very unexpectedly good results after a scary start to the season, and that if he doesn't constantly focus on real world "issues" he's somehow doing it wrong on a sports message board. Am I being unfair or misreading you somehow in this, because that is how your post comes across.

24 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Your post seems to imply that Kyber is wrong to want to celebrate some very unexpectedly good results after a scary start to the season, and that if he doesn't constantly focus on real world "issues" he's somehow doing it wrong on a sports message board. Am I being unfair or misreading you somehow in this, because that is how your post comes across.

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

I disagree.

I think you can talk about performance on the field and not drag real world politics into it. Some people WANT to drag real world politics into it, and I've noticed that many of them are keen to INSIST those things must be a part of any discussion, but I don't agree that they have to be, and I don't agree that not wanting to entangle real world political aspects into celebrating your team's unexpectedly good performance with a backup qb is inherently dishonest.

I think it's perfectly reasonable not to want to deal with real, difficult, thorny problems that impact our society every day in every conversation you have, especially about things that are supposed to be your leisure time enjoyment. If you enjoyed flying drones for example, it wouldn't be reasonable of me to insist that every time we talk about drones, part of the conversation MUST include discussion of the living conditions of factory workers in third world countries where they are made. Our conversation COULD include those things, but demanding and insisting that it MUST every single time it comes up is being didactic, unrealistic and unfair imo.

Can't speak for anybody else, but for me the thing is that I don't trust our leadership.

Am I happy that we'll winning? Obviously. I'm also surprised.

No way would I ever cheer for the team to lose, but I don't trust Ron and Marty to make us contenders long term. Thus, good things this season could lead to bad things in future seasons.

It's a dilemma, and a tricky one.

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And WHY.

Dude, you don't know me. You only know your same old, tired storyline.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't speak for anybody else, but for me the thing is that I don't trust our leadership.

Am I happy that we'll winning? Obviously. I'm also surprised.

No way would I ever cheer for the team to lose, but I don't trust Ron and Marty to make us contenders long term. Thus, good things this season could lead to bad things in future seasons.

It's a dilemma, and a tricky one.

Well said. I would like to add that I dont want a new QB under their care.

16 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And WHY.

I have nothing against Cam but this league is what have u done for me lately. If u ain't winning and not getting the job done it's time to go. Everyone can keep saying they want Cam back but I seen how is was on the field the first two weeks and last year. He is done with football and his head is not in it anymore.

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Well said. I would like to add that I dont want a new QB under their care.

Honestly, the coaching staff is getting some seriously petty criticism while they are performing lights out.

The gold standard for how the coaching is going can be boiled down to this:

1. Is the team winning? Well, 5 wins in the last six games is just about as good as you can get without being perfect.

2. Is the team overcoming injuries? Hell, yeah. Beyond the loss of a once in a generation talent at QB, we've had multiple injuries on the O-line, seen our star DT go to injured reserve, both of our rookie standout pass rushers suffer injuries, have Bruce Irvin have to sit out multiple games at the start of the season,  a starting DB fighting a hamstring issue, our MLB lose his mother unexpectedly and our starting DE and team stalwart lose his brother to gun violence. Heck, even our kicker is out on IR and we had to put into play a rookie kicker as a stand in. And we've still won five out of eight so far.

3. Has the team bounced back from losses and snagged a win the following week. Yep, except for week two. 

4.  Is the team committing lots of penalties, a sure sign of poor coaching? No, we're one of the best in the league.

Our coaching staff, and management, are literally keeping a racecar that is falling apart running with the leaders of the pack, mechanics literally duct taped to the outside of the car working madly as it goes through the turns. They haven't pulled off a miracle yet, but to criticize their efforts now is really petty and disingenuous.

And to boil it all down to whether it's one QB or another helming the ship is just dickery. 

Talk of draft position, while we're still in the hunt, is foolhardy, too. We're picking 32nd until someone proves otherwise.

Archived