• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen QB1

KaseKlosed

Until the season has concluded there is no point in judging him on a game by game basis considering the circumstances he has been thrust into unless he's just flat out playing abysmal. He has displayed ability within the pocket and a short term memory on mistakes. The concern right now is the deep ball. We have to start connecting on those and that will alleviate some of these issues.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Until the season has concluded there is no point in judging him on a game by game basis considering the circumstances he has been thrust into unless he's just flat out playing abysmal. He has displayed ability within the pocket and a short term memory on mistakes. The concern right now is the deep ball. We have to start connecting on those and that will alleviate some of these issues.

They need to get him, DJ, and Curtis out there running deep ball drills every day. 

It looks like he has the arm on most throws. But maybe he really can't throw 50 yards. If that's the case then he has got to work on timing with these guys. 

Kyle Allen is playing the teams on the schedule and playing arguably the best team in the NFC, in arguably the hardest environment in the league to a one TD (and 2 pt conv) game is seen as a negative. lol

The way we NEED to be looking at the remainder of this season is "how far can we get with a rookie QB who is only just now being treated as anything more than the backup covering while the starter recovers from an injury". This effects game planning, play installation, everything. Kyle Allen the last couple of weeks has let the deep throws fly after 4 weeks of not really even looking for it. This says, pretty clearly, that he is being asked to alter his role and do more which is fine and expected. Now we need him to grow and learn from game to game and really, drive to drive. And I think he is. He's not going to be playing like a top QB or top draft pick and expecting him to is stupid.

Enjoy the ride, nerds. Kyle Allen will help us win games and keep us in 'em, but expecting a dominant performance where he carries the team is not a thing he does as of now and that is OK. We can win out, we can finish 8-8, we can lose out. This is exciting. For years, having Cam spoiled us and made us believe that ANY year could be a SB run because we have Cam fuging Newton. Now that he is gone (at least for this season), we can sit back and just be surprised and less let down than normal when things don't go our way. As fans, we're in a good spot. Now AFTER this season......oof.

1 minute ago, lightsout said:

Kyle Allen is playing the teams on the schedule and playing arguably the best team in the NFC, in arguably the hardest environment in the league to a one TD (and 2 pt conv) game is seen as a negative.

Packers are very good due to Rodgers but I wouldn't say the best. Their defense has been ranked in the bottom twenties.

We played the best team in the NFC 3 weeks ago and that...didn't go well.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Packers are very good due to Rodgers but I wouldn't say the best. Their defense has been ranked in the bottom twenties.

We played the best team in the NFC 3 weeks ago and that...didn't go well.

Allen has played pretty well and deserves a chance to be our Qb goin forward 

Just now, Mikey818 said:

Allen has played pretty well and deserves a chance to be our Qab goin forward 

Arguing otherwise to that wasn't the point... I already stated my opinion on evaluating him moving forward and confirmed he should receive the benefit of the doubt until the season is over.

That has nothing to do with being honest about our performance against superior level of competition though. We played the best well rounded team in the NFL beyond the Ravens, and Patriots, and we were absolutely smacked around. That's just reality.

Archived