• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandalorian

Ja  Rhule

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised there isn't any love for the season finale in this thread by now. I was super impressed. TBH, I enjoyed it much more than Rise of Skywalker. I think it just goes to show the way forward with Star Wars is to scale DOWN the scope of the conflict, not up. Also gotta give Disney props for going all out with the violence in this episode. No blood, but damn, that had a higher on-screen kill count than almost anything I can remember in recent film or television.

7 hours ago, lightsout said:

Finale was super well done. Great season. Finality to the season's storyline, leaves a couple good possibilities for season 2. Hope they don't tie too many (or any) characters from episodes 7-9 into this show. Just let this be it's own thing going on.

You have to have the guy with the darksaber return. Have to. And Bill Burr's crew needs to come back as well. I could do without Gina Carano though. She's a terrible actor.

6 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You have to have the guy with the darksaber return. Have to. And Bill Burr's crew needs to come back as well. I could do without Gina Carano though. She's a terrible actor.

Should've specified, I meant the movies 7-9. Agreed on Moff Gideon and Carano though.

18 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yeeeeeeah. She kinda is. It's the little things about her performances that take me out of a scene. I don't know why they keep having scenes with her eating and drinking. Every time she takes a phantom sip from a cup that is clearly empty, it just puts me in mind of a high school production of Our Town. Not the look you want for your super-expensive, Triple-A title.

But I'll quibble with you on the Bill Burr crew. That episode was really fun, which is why I absolutely HATE the idea of them coming back. They didn't serve the main story arc at all, and their story wrapped up in a satisfying way. So we should be done with them! That episode was a perfect one-off. A "Monster of the Week."

Once you get into the fan service stage of forcing popular characters back into the story, you're falling into the trap that Star Wars as a whole has. Instead, just do more episodes LIKE that! Every season, do a couple one-shots that deviate from the main story, where we go to place, meet new, fun, well-developed characters, go on an adventure, and then move on.

22 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

she also was much hotter when she was in the UFC.  

so...about time to cancel Disney + I guess.  I don't really want to just have it so my daughter can watch Frozen 84 more times. 

but yeah, fug the GOT dudes.  Jon Favreau should totally be put in charge of the next Star Wars trilogy.  Whatever the cost to steal him away from Marvel they should do it. 

Archived