• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on a Josh Rosen Draft Day Trade

Soul Rebel

36 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

lol how long are you giving Rosen before calling him a bust, 10 years?

Giving him a shot on a team thats not intentionally tanking in a situation where there legit set up for failure.

He goes on a normal NFL team where the goal isnt to purposely lose.  He fails there, then yeah he's a bust

Paxton lynch wasnt looked at as a day 1 impact guy and a top 10 talent.  He was looked at as more of a project

On 11/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mr. Scot said:

No offense, but I honestly wouldn't trade a tuna sandwich for Josh Rosen.

(and I hate tuna)

You hate tuna? 

Come on, man. You gotta put some mayo, mustard, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seeds, perhaps a whee bit of red pepper, and sweet relish, mix it all up and put it on your favorite bread. Yummy!

Damn, Scot! That's some good eating...and you better believe that on a plate is better than Rosen on a football field.

17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're hate tuna? 

Come on, man. You gotta put some mayo, mustard, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seeds, perhaps a whee bit of red pepper, and sweet relish, mix it all up and put it on your favorite bread. Yummy!

Damn, Scot! That's some good eating...and you better believe that on a plate is better than Rosen on a football field.

If it comes from the sea, I ain't eatin' it. I hate all seafood.

Except salmon. I tried salmon once at a dinner where I was meeting a girlfriend's mother. It was pretty good.

I also like salmon because it helped me win a debate with my then teenage stepdaughter. We were debating whether you pronounce the L. She kept saying there was no such thing as a silent L in the English language. I asked her "Sweetheart, if you chop something into two equal pieces, does that mean you cut it in haLf?"

She laughed. I won. And now, for the rest of my life, I can say that I won an argument with a teenage daughter :shades:

(if you've ever had one, you know what an accomplishment that is)

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Except salmon. I tried salmon once at a dinner where I was meeting a girlfriend's mother. It was pretty good.

I also like salmon because it helped me win a debate with my then teenage stepdaughter. We were debating whether you pronounce the L. She kept saying there was no such thing as a silent L in the English language. I asked her "Sweetheart, if you chop something into two equal pieces, does that mean you cut it in haLf?"

She laughed. I won. And now, for the rest of my life, I can say that I won an argument with a teenage daughter :shades:

Permaban?

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

That IS an accomplishment with any teen, but especially girls.

I worked as a houseparent at American Children's Home in Lexington NC back in the day. My wife and I had the girl's cottage, though of course we had dealings with the boys also. 

The boys would at least attempt to  do their dirt behind your back and give that tongue-in-cheek contrite grin when you called them on it. The girls would do stuff outright a lot of times and proceed to fuss---some of them, literally scream---at you when they knew they were wrong. 

It was an experience. 

As for salmon---which is delucious---more than one of my seven sisters-in-law still pronounce the L in salmon. Of course, I haven't corrected them as not to appear arrogant. Surprisingly, my wife says they probably already think I'm arrogant (LOL). 

With age comes wisdom though. I've learned to accept the great state of Illinoise and hear it pronounced that way quite off-10. 

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That IS an accomplishment with any teen, but especially girls.

I worked as a houseparent at American Children's Home in Lexington NC back in the day. My wife and I had the girl's cottage, though of course we had dealings with the boys also. 

The boys would at least attempt to  do their dirt behind your back and give that tongue-in-cheek contrite grin when you called them on it. The girls would do stuff outright a lot of times and proceed to fuss---some of them, literally scream---at you when they knew they were wrong. 

It was an experience. 

As for salmon---which is delucious---more than one of my seven sisters-in-law still pronounce the L in salmon. Of course, I haven't corrected them as not to appear arrogant. Surprisingly, my wife says they probably already think I'm arrogant (LOL). 

With age comes wisdom though. I've learned to accept the great state of Illinoise and hear it pronounced that way quite off-10. 

I used to think the portrayal of teenage girls on TV was over the top.

Heh :)

Archived