• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen

therealmjl

I think this is what we are seeing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.underdogdynasty.com/platform/amp/2018/4/13/17219366/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-kyle-allen-qb-houston-cougars-texas-a-m-aggies

WEAKNESSES: Everything Allen needs to work on is between his ears.....it’s all mental. There are times when he tries to force things or lets his eyes move a defender into the throwing lane. Accuracy downfield was an issue at times. While he can handle some pressure, it seemed like there were long stretches where he had to deal with constant pressure. That’s not his fault, but it did lead to inaccurate throws, quick bailouts, and turnovers.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Allen had the task of replacing two stars at Texas A&M and Houston, and seemed to take it in stride. Inconsistent play is something that he’s going to have to fix if he wants to be a pro. Many thought that he would (and should) transfer to another school to play his final year of college, but going pro may have been his best option. Now, he can focus on his game, and finding a team that will sign him as a free agent. He has the physical tools to be a good quarterback, but it all comes down to the mental side of the game.

26 minutes ago, parker said:

I think this is what we are seeing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.underdogdynasty.com/platform/amp/2018/4/13/17219366/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-kyle-allen-qb-houston-cougars-texas-a-m-aggies

WEAKNESSES: Everything Allen needs to work on is between his ears.....it’s all mental. There are times when he tries to force things or lets his eyes move a defender into the throwing lane. Accuracy downfield was an issue at times. While he can handle some pressure, it seemed like there were long stretches where he had to deal with constant pressure. That’s not his fault, but it did lead to inaccurate throws, quick bailouts, and turnovers.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Allen had the task of replacing two stars at Texas A&M and Houston, and seemed to take it in stride. Inconsistent play is something that he’s going to have to fix if he wants to be a pro. Many thought that he would (and should) transfer to another school to play his final year of college, but going pro may have been his best option. Now, he can focus on his game, and finding a team that will sign him as a free agent. He has the physical tools to be a good quarterback, but it all comes down to the mental side of the game.

He’s the same QB he was in college. Dude will be a backup in the NFL for a long time. He’s not a starter.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, 45catfan said:

Season high points scored and rushing yards for Washington. It's just easier to say Allen sucks than to make a legitimate argument for some people.

Finally some common sense.  Allen started 6-for-6 then after all those sacks by the end of the game he is understandably shell shocked.  Give the man a proper O line first.  

On 12/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, joeyxfresco said:

This is the guy that gets compared to Brady and Rodgers? 

You mean those two QBs with an offensive line in front of them--those guys?  You folks simply show me how much you don't understand the game when you see Paradis and Williams letting bull rushers collapse the pocket while the LTs are turnstiling the OLBs and Ends--teams are sending 4 (which means 7 in coverage) and Allen has less than 3 seconds to throw it.  He may not be the next Brady or Rogers---hardly anyone is----but if you think you can judge him based on what is happening now---you can't.  So stop pretending you are some QB talent evaluator when you should be saying, "It is hard to tell what we have in Allen."   Cam struggled behind bad blocking too.  They all do, including Brady and Rogers.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, 45catfan said:

My math isn't the greatest, but 22 is greater than 21, no?  I wouldn't get into hypotheticals if I were you, makes for a weak argument.

If it were 22-21 we probably kick a 19-yard FG to win. I wouldn’t blame the defense over Allen’s blindness if i were you, makes for a weak argument. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, ARSEN said:

Fans were booing Panthers OL.  It was a horrific protection.

They were booing Allen in my section. He accounted for five of the seven sacks on the day, only two were “he had no choice” sacks. Five were a result of refusing to throw. Our line isn’t good, but he had enough time to throw on practically every important down. 

Archived