• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alot to look foward to Offense..Stop the pity party

Matt62881

Great....another post about what our team will look like in the future, instead of what they look like right now.  Let me fill you in, they look like absolute dog sheit.  So damn tired of this narrative....."but guys, I know we are playing bad this year but with this talent on the team, next season we will be amazing"  I've heard this record how many seasons with Ron in charge of the ship....its time to wipe the slate clean and start over.  I would say he had a good run but he didn't...his welcome was worn out seasons ago.  If that means letting some players go to suit the needs of the new coaching staff I am all for it ( even Cam, as sad as that is to say ).  Literally the only player on this team I would be pissed about letting go is McCaffrey, possibly DJ and maybe a few others.  

you: rah,rah,rah this team

me: fug, fug fug this team

Twenty-five years of just wait to next year we will be better. We have all these  players that should be good but are just average.

Can't string together two winning seasons in a row. Don't tell me how this team is this or that. We suck.

Burn this poo down. I don't care who we keep that are on the team right now. They aren't giving much effort.

CMC that's it. 

7 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Yes solid starter. His stat line this game is what Cam was in his rookie year. 

Now I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.

But if you're trying to say Kyle Allen is on par with rookie Cam, then you're not being reasonable. If you're just pointing out the stat line, then you're leaving out the single season QB rushing TDs record part. You know the part the team sucks at now - scoring inside the 5 yard line. Cam was kind of automatic in those situations. 

54 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

Great....another post about what our team will look like in the future, instead of what they look like right now.  Let me fill you in, they look like absolute dog sheit.  So damn tired of this narrative....."but guys, I know we are playing bad this year but with this talent on the team, next season we will be amazing"  I've heard this record how many seasons with Ron in charge of the ship....its time to wipe the slate clean and start over.  I would say he had a good run but he didn't...his welcome was worn out seasons ago.  If that means letting some players go to suit the needs of the new coaching staff I am all for it ( even Cam, as sad as that is to say ).  Literally the only player on this team I would be pissed about letting go is McCaffrey, possibly DJ and maybe a few others.  

Well all we have is the future now dude, this season is done and i completely support all the coaches being gone. I just dont think the players are as bad as the coaches have made them look, thats all.

3 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

Im tired of all the posters who are negative about the talent on this team and i feel they don't have a clue what they are watching so i figured id help with a breakdown of our starting units including Alt. Package starters.

OFFENSE

QB- Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Will Grier

Cam Newton- Once in a lifetime player, who in early 2018, showed what he could be while knicked up with just a little bit of help. Had a great completion percentage and was winning games both from the pocket and with his elite ability to run.

Kyle Allen- A backup Qb that has at times shown the possibility of being a starter, very inconsistent but can win you some games. Has a weak arm that i was hoping would be fixed minimally through the weight room.

Will Grier- A developmental raw QB, this is why he made it to the 3rd round. He needs to sit back and develop hopefully behind Cam.

WRS

D.J. Moore- 905 yards. This guy is going to go over 1k , runs great routes, wins contested catches, is a very physical runner after the catch and some of you have the audacity to throw any shade his way. On pace to being an elite wr in this league.

Curtis Samuel- 476 yds, 4 tds. This kid even after missing alot of time just does his job. He is the perfect 2nd outside wr that can stretch the field, has good hands, and has made some contested catches. I cant say enough about this kid he has gotten behind almost every defense he has played including today but had been underthrown to the tone of how many more yards and tds we will never know.

Jarius Wright- love this guy as a slot wr, has not played as well this year as last but i think hes fine. He has made quite a few clutch catches this year and has done most of what id like to see.

HB

CMC- I hope i dont have to say anything about him...on pace to be a HOF.

REG- Should have been used more this year has talent, not much else to say as there isnt alot to go on.

TE

Greg Olsen- Future HOF, hope he plays another year, him and CMC run the best routes and have the best hands on the team.

Manhertz- Blocking TE who imo, doesn't block any better then Ian.

Ian- Very underused this year, i dont understand it, athletic with good hands.

OLINE

Tackles

Dayley, Moton, Williams, and Little- Decided to group these guys because i feel similar about all but williams. These guys are young but have shown flashes, i feel our tackle situation will be better next year with some consistency and experience. We could use a veteran in place of Williams as since his injury he has been garbage. If they feel his injury will heal and its a possibility of him returning to form i wouldnt mind him back for a year. Moton had a down year and i would bet on him returning to form.

Interior OLINE

GVR, Paradis, Turner, Larsen- These guys might be our worst position group exspecially on the offense. We need to draft a C minimum 2nd round and load up when possible in the draft. I think there might be a possibility of Paradis being better with another year with us but wouldn't bank on it. Wouldnt mind seeing FAs here as well obviousely.

OC-Norv I think his playcalling between the 20s has been great for the most part but his redzone playcalling might be some of the worst ive ever seen. Either he needs help in the redzone with his playcalling or he needs to be gone.

Slye- Man i thought he was gonna be better, either need Gano back or get a new kicker if we need the cap. We should have had Butker what can i say?

My conclusion on offense is being outcoached and being atrocious in the redzone. I think even our oline issues can be worked with, we have scored pts just sometimes cant even on the 1 yrd line wich has cost us far too many games. At times before we are out of games our oline has held, overall our offense has the capability to go all the way if handled correctly. Even our depth at other positions is as good as needed put alot of our problems on coaching.

Doing the defense next.

DJ Moore would be a solid #2 but we need a legit #1 receiver. Samuel is not the answer and is basically Tavon Austin. 

5 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Well all we have is the future now dude, this season is done and i completely support all the coaches being gone. I just dont think the players are as bad as the coaches have made them look, thats all.

This offense is just okay my man.  The only reason it even works is because we have arguably the best RB in the NFL right now and the dude has been an absolute baller.  Without CMC, we are literally nothing on offense.  

45 minutes ago, mjligon said:

They are useless when he can’t be trusted to make a routine catch on third down

Maybe ive missed them or you have really fixated on the drops he has had. I have seen a few, a few that stalled drives even, but julio drops wide open tds in the endzone, no ones perfect. Your not gonna get perfection, what i remember is the contested td catches hes made, the 10 times hes been behind a defense this year and the actual clutch catches he has had. Curtis is one player i will go to bat for more then the others because people tend to remember the bad over the good and in reality we havnt had that many recievers as good as Curtis. We are fortunate to have DJ and Curtis across from each other alot of teams would be happy to have the combo.

Archived