• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What advantages are there to firing RR quickly?

AU-panther

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Hall of Famer? For what? 

To be fair, he probably could be in the HOF of wasting generational talents.

As a player. Ever heard of the 85 Bears? In the conversation as one of the best defenses ever. It has no bearing on him as a coach, but the man is loved by many and respected by almost all.

I am 99% certain that Ron is gone after this season. I just see no benefit to doing it now. Tepper didnt make billions of dollars by being overreactionary and careless with his reputation. He dosnt want to make a joke out of the franchice.

22 hours ago, Lucian said:

As a player. Ever heard of the 85 Bears? In the conversation as one of the best defenses ever. It has no bearing on him as a coach, but the man is loved by many and respected by almost all.

Were you alive in 1985? Do you know Ron was a rotational player in that defense?

I don’t think there are any advantages to it. But I still wouldn’t mind seeing it happen. In all honestly so long as he is gone by the end of the season I’m good with it. And if he is here we have a better shot at losing more for better draft position. It’s not like we have any marquee free agents that we are trying to lure in or anything. 

Because if you're gonna fire someone, you do it sooner rather than later. Bad news doesn't get better with time. Gives him and the team the message on what direction they need to go in. Let's Hurney or whoever know they need to find a new coaching staff. 

This isn't a guy making less than $100k a year getting fired before Christmas. This is a guy with a contract to make millions this year even if he's fired and millions more next year - even if he finds another job making millions.

There are players on the team that need a competent coach to show us they belong in the NFL. Those are the guys to worry about if you want to worry about someone. Scarlett, Bonnafon, Ian Thomas, Mike Davis, Moncrief could be good players that we never hear about because they never get a legitimate chance to show they can contribute. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly there aren't any. You can't interview people employed by other teams mid-season anyway. I know us fans are restless, but at this point keeping Ron and Marty through the end of the season (*pukes in mouth a little*) is probably the right call.

I keep hearing this and no one is offering a single reason as to why its the right call?  We all agree he is going to be fired.  Right?  Ok so if WE know that, HE knows that.  In the preseason its considered a courtesy for a team to release a respected veteran early so that he can get a head start on finding a new team.  I know teams...coaches... offseason blah blah blah.  Wouldn't it be beneficial to have that burden of coaching a losing team lifted so you can organize your affairs and prepare for the move?

4 minutes ago, Montsta said:

My biggest fear is Ron somehow rallies off four straight wins and we go 9-7 and get draft pick like 19 and somehow Ron survives the firing because of same pointless late surge. 

If this scenario happens... I will find you.  I will do things.  

probably grab a beer and chill cuz go panthers ... but then words will be said.

40 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I know everyone wants Ron gone but what advantages are really gained by doing it quickly? 

Seeing his bitchass gone to start. You won't have to see him on the sideline anymore. 

Counter question is what advantage would there be to actually keep him until the end of the season? I see none. You already know you're going to be looking for a replacement. Why would you keep him around? 

I already know he's gone. I have no preference. I'll just bide my time and wait for his release until the season end. 

Archived