• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What advantages are there to firing RR quickly?

AU-panther

I know everyone wants Ron gone but what advantages are really gained by doing it quickly? 

It’s not like we are going to hire his replacement anytime soon.

Who would be the interim coach? Turner?

What if he goes on a winning streak and the players start to campaign to keep him? 

What’s  our best chance for good draft picks? 

Ddon’t get me wrong, I’m ready for a change also.  I’m just not sure there are real advantages to making a move now as opposed to the end of the season. 

None. Beleive it or not, Rivera is highly respected in this league and will one day be a hall of famer. Firing him now would show disrespect and has zero benefit anyway because all of the good prospects will be with their current teams through the playoffs anyway. Why would a respected prospect want to coach for us if we fired a respected man 5 games early for no reason. Of course i dont expect logic from the huddle though, especially after a loss. Lol

4 minutes ago, Lucian said:

None. Beleive it or not, Rivera is highly respected in this league and will one day be a hall of famer. Firing him now would show disrespect and has zero benefit anyway because all of the good prospects will be with their current teams through the playoffs anyway. Why would a respected prospect want to coach for us if we fired a respected man 5 games early for no reason. Of course i dont expect logic from the huddle though, especially after a loss. Lol

Just curious about the future hall of fame comment. Are you saying Ron Rivera is going into the NFL pro football hall of fame as a coach? 

The peace of mind it would give the entire fanbase to know there's not the miracle million-to-one chance that "Super Genius" Tepper will keep his good buddy Ron for another year.

THAT'S the advantage.

Its a firm statement that the organization is tired of moving backwards so they feel like they have to take an immediate step to stop the "bleeding".

6 minutes ago, Lucian said:

Hall of Famer? For what? 

To be fair, he probably could be in the HOF of wasting generational talents.

Archived