• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In Depth Analysis of the Panthers Roster

Bronn

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The moment Marty Hurney walked back into the building, I started looking at losing seasons as far as the eye can see.

At least with a change there is hope, with this staff there is known.

Maybe this'll help.

Remember that phenomenal draft that put the Saints back on the right path just a few years ago?

If we could have a draft like that, and it's conceivable we have a shot at the guy who orchestrated that draft, that would certainly help.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is that made any better if those losing seasons happen under the current leadership?

If those things are inevitable, then at this point we're just putting it off and putting ourselves through more misery than is necessary.

It's time to rip that Band-Aid.

No, losing is losing. That doesn't mean that jumping into the unknown is any better, so I am not looking forward to it any more than I am looking forward to the rest of this abortion of a season. We went from John Fox to John Fox II, after all. We went from Hurney to Gettleman, after all. Jumping from one mediocre coach to another and one mediocre GM to another won't make me happy. It will just be more of the same.

It's really just about be not having much faith that whatever we as a franchise decides to do, it will actually improve anything. But, I'm a fan, so once we get the new people I will be back and brushing off my "Wait 'Till Next Year" gear. But I am definitely not happy about any of this. I don't want to have to hire new coaches or GM's because it means that we kept up the Carolina Panthers historic trend of being mediocre. Pretty hard to get pumped.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

No, losing is losing. That doesn't mean that jumping into the unknown is any better, so I am not looking forward to it any more than I am looking forward to the rest of this abortion of a season. We went from John Fox to John Fox II, after all. We went from Hurney to Gettleman, after all. Jumping from one mediocre coach to another and one mediocre GM to another won't make me happy. It will just be more of the same.

It's really just about be not having much faith that whatever we as a franchise decides to do, it will actually improve anything. But, I'm a fan, so once we get the new people I will be back and brushing off my "Wait 'Till Next Year" gear. But I am definitely not happy about any of this. I don't want to have to hire new coaches or GM's because it means that we kept up the Carolina Panthers historic trend of being mediocre. Pretty hard to get pumped.

I'd point out two things.

The first, as has been said before, the unknown may be scary and forbidding, but it's still a better choice than that what you know to be bad.

And two, at least it's not Jerry Richardson making those choices.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'd point out two things.

The first, as has been said before, the unknown may be scary and forbidding, but it's still a better choice than that what you know to be bad.

And two, at least it's not Jerry Richardson making those choices.

Yeah well neither of those things are really true yet. 

We have no idea whether this next chapter is going to be better or worse and we have no idea whether Tepper is going to be able to put together a better franchise than Jerry did. 

That's really my point, we don't know any of this. It's exactly why I am not jumping for joy and just waiting to see how this all shakes out. It could be a dramatic success and push our franchise into the future with new life, it could literally be the same old, mediocre Carolina Panthers that we have known since 1995 or it could be the dawn of the New Redskins, a completely hopeless and hapless franchise with no sign of any change at all.

I want to believe that it will all get better but I have ~25 years of history that is making me not approach this with hope but trepidation. It's not like we haven't seen all this before.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah well neither of those things are really true yet. 

We have no idea whether this next chapter is going to be better or worse and we have no idea whether Tepper is going to be able to put together a better franchise than Jerry did. 

That's really my point, we don't know any of this. It's exactly why I am not jumping for joy and just waiting to see how this all shakes out. It could be a dramatic success and push our franchise into the future with new life, it could literally be the same old, mediocre Carolina Panthers that we have known since 1995 or it could be the dawn of the New Redskins, a completely hopeless and hapless franchise with no sign of any change at all.

I want to believe that it will all get better but I have ~25 years of history that is making me not approach this with hope but trepidation. It's not like we haven't seen all this before.

We don't know, but I'll take that gamble over staying where we are now 10 times out of 10.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We don't know, but I'll take that gamble over staying where we are now 10 times out of 10.

I don't disagree with that but I'm not making an argument against moving on, I'm explaining why I am not at all looking forward to it. 

If I could fast forward and see some quality hires at either GM or HC, I'd be right back to being optimistic. Until that happens, I'm going to remain pessimistic. 

14 minutes ago, Bronn said:

They've beat:

The Bengals, twice
The Browns, once out of two meetings
The Dolphins
The Chargers
The Rams
The Colts

Hardly anything to brag about.

It is when you overcome all the injuries to their key players....sure beats the hell out of losing to the Falcons by 20+ and being dominated by the Redskins

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't disagree with that but I'm not making an argument against moving on, I'm explaining why I am not at all looking forward to it. 

If I could fast forward and see some quality hires at either GM or HC, I'd be right back to being optimistic. Until that happens, I'm going to remain pessimistic. 

Fair enough.

I guess the way I look at it is that even if the next few seasons are rough, I'll have hope that they can get better.

Right now, I have none.

Archived