• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod

You don't think the saints will implode per usual?

As I said I think our best shot is to win the division.

But the Aints schedule the rest of the way?

Falcons, Panthers, Rams, Bucs, Patriots, Falcons, Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs, Panthers.

Lot of easy wins in there.

If they just manage to win Bucs twice, Rams, Skins, and split with the Falcons.

That's 11-5.

We'd have to go 10-1. :lol:

What do you think, can we do that?

If Jake posts a 94.3 consistently, we can do it.

But let's look at how Jake does on the average year. He loses two to three games a year on his own. He performs average and the team wins many of the games. Two games a year, he performs well, but the team loses a squeaker. Once or twice a year, he carries the team on his back and brings them to a win in the 4th quarter. That's just historically what he has given us.

Okay, he's lost three games so far on his own. So, we've already got that checked off. Lost a squeaker to Atlanta when Jake performed fairly well. Check that one off the list.

He performed well, but not spectacularly yesterday, the team carried the win. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Looks like, from history, we'll lose one more close game, win two tight ones in the fourth quarters, and win the majority of the rest.

We've been deep in a hole this year, but there's some hope at this point. There are some big time tough teams left on the schedule, and no easy games left.

And history may be on our side again, especially when it comes to Jake. Jake generally plays to the level of the opponent -- tanking against bad teams (Buffalo this year is a fine example) and rising to the challenge against good ones.

If he got his mojo back yesterday, like the rest of the team did, we could stay competitive late into the season. And New Orleans, historically speaking, is ready to start coughing a bit before their traditional late season choke.

if the team plays like it did yesterday there is no reason that it shouldn't.

that was the team that went to 12-4. that was actually better than the team that went 12-4.

an error free QB performance, a solid running game that can impose it's will on anyone, and a defense that plays at that level can make a solid playoff run.

i just hope it's not too late.

oh yeah...and the saints can implode at any time. we got ours out of the way.

I think that Bills game will cost us a lot more than people think.

Sure it's vs an AFC team, but reverse our record with a Bills win, and sure you may have me thinking it possible.(to reach the playoffs)

Win out in all of our remaining division games, may be our only shot.

Archived