• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod

Jake's QB rating against Arizona.

He only completed half of his passes, but threw no picks and was able to throw one TD.

Question: Is that good enough to get the Panthers into the playoffs?

I think it just might be....

I wish but I don't think so.

Jake needs to throw in the 20-25 att range and be good for 1-2 scores if the Panthers can even think about playoffs.

Not spilling the ball is where the biggest impact can come from. Again, we see the need for another WR to step up. But if there is more misdirection and each phase of the game play like they did yest then playoffs for sure.

Playoffs? Pretty quick on the enthusiasm trigger o Zod. Jake is best when he mainly stays out of the rest of the team's way. Since we likely will only get 1 or 2 big passes out of him a game, there's no room for turnovers. When it all comes together like yesterday, we look like a playoff team.

My inclination is that at some point, we'll need to win a game passing. Jake won't be able to do it.

Jake's QB rating against Arizona.

He only completed half of his passes, but threw no picks and was able to throw one TD.

Question: Is that good enough to get the Panthers into the playoffs?

I think it just might be....

Playoffs, did you say Playoffs?

I think we have very little shot at a wildcard, both may come out of the East. Saints lose tonight and we beat them Sunday and we're 2 back. Then like blind homers we can entertain the fantasy of actually winning this division. :willy_nilly:

But don't hold your breath. This is quite a hole the Panthers put themselves in.

i'm afraid our early losses to philly, dallas and atlanta will be what keeps us out of the playoffs. even if we win out, i don't think we can take the division. we would need a LOT of help to sneak in. we'd have to hope brees goes cold and ryan falls apart. i don't see that happening. we're finally playing ball the way we should. we have the talent and now the coaches are finally puting it together. let's just hope we finish strong after such a weak start.

Archived