• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No post June 1st cap relief this year.....

Toomers

Not good news if there’s any hope of cutting Paradis, KK or Reid. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26073422/nfl-cba-quirks-a-big-effect-2020-offseason%3fplatform=amp

In the Final League Year, there are no post-June 1 release designations. A team in our example dealing with the same problem next year would have to absorb the full dead-money hit no matter when it released the player. It makes sense when you think about it: Why would you make it easier for a team to release a player by allowing it to defer a cap hit into a season that might never even happen

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

None of those guys were going to be cut anyways. I guess KK had an outside chance but given the current state of our D-line I think it would have been unlikely.

KK was a candidate until we kicked his money down the road. And still was with 14M created with a June 1 cut. Now it’s 17M in dead cap. 

Paradis shouldn’t be on the team if he doesn’t improve. And being that his dead cap for next year would go to 7.2M, yep if matters. 

And Reid has been below average, at best. Should have signed him to play LB. For much less. And 2.5M over throwing more money at a mistake might have made sense. Now it’s 5M and doesn’t. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh......he's been close. It's just because he is so miserably bad in coverage. Regardless, I don't think he would be on the cut list at all.

He can be frustrating sometimes but he isn’t somebody I would mark as post June 1st cut if that actually were an option. I’m excited to see what a new coaching staff can do with him. Because he is crazy athletic and smart.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

He can be frustrating sometimes but he isn’t somebody I would mark as post June 1st cut if that actually were an option. I’m excited to see what a new coaching staff can do with him. Because he is crazy athletic and smart.

And still can’t cover. Under any scheme. He’s not getting faster.  He’s not a rookie. What is a new staff going to uncover now? 

Just now, Toomers said:

And still can’t cover. Under any scheme. He’s not getting faster.  He’s not a rookie. What is a new staff going to uncover now? 

Saying he can’t cover is an extreme. He’s just not consistent. We’ll find out what the new staff has in store for him.

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Dude is great at being an in the box safety. Like, really good at that. 

Asking him to cover literally anyone is when things get messy, and unfortunately, he's being asked to cover a lot of people this year, which has been messy. 

He's honestly a poor man's Landon Collins. 

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

Dude is great at being an in the box safety. Like, really good at that. 

Asking him to cover literally anyone is when things get messy, and unfortunately, he's being asked to cover a lot of people this year, which has been messy. 

He's honestly a poor man's Landon Collins. 

That about covers it. 

Archived