• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My take on Cam Newton

ellis

This just one of those wait and see situations. You wait until Cam is healthy enough to show what he can do, and make a decision from there. Cam won't be in a strong position to leave until he can show off his health, and at that point we can decide if we want to keep him. Just a waiting game at this point.

NFL Pro players are like race horses in a stable...............owners use them to win races and when they are either too injured or too old to do that anymore they put them out to pasture............

Owners control the fate of players.........not the other way around.

Don't forget just because you are a fan of the sport and this team in particular........the bottom line isn't about that.

As often said in the Godfather........"It's nothing personal.......its just business"

the part where you wrote his shoulder should be completely healed, that was the part that struck me as hope and not reporting.  that was one giant leap into an area none of us have any idea of.   would be great if true, but its where you kinda jumped the shark

24 minutes ago, raz said:

the part where you wrote his shoulder should be completely healed, that was the part that struck me as hope and not reporting.  that was one giant leap into an area none of us have any idea of.   would be great if true, but its where you kinda jumped the shark

“Should be fully mended”.

Given the fact that he’s only thrown a handful of passes over the last 11 months since surgery, coupled with his throwing motion and velocity at camp and in week one, I feel comfortable with that assessment. With that said, I made it a point not to speak in absolute terms about it. 

I respect your feedback on this. It’s not an invalid point your raise. The larger point was to help fans understand some of the realities behind his injuries, how and where they occurred on the field, and to clean up some narratives out there that might suggest his playing days are dwindling down. 

I speak not as a fan, but as a football observer. There are so many possibilities with Cam, McCaffrey, DJ, Samuel. They were just scratching the surface early in 2018. And there were flashes of it in 2017, but that was before DJ arrived. And it was also CMC’s rookie year, he was still learning and growing at that point.

So, yes, subjectively I would like to see those guys together in the offense. I think it would be remarkably entertaining and prolific. And objectively, I think you could design some really great concepts around at all. But the foot has to heal. I totally get that. And, the OL must improve. I know some would argue that getting rid of Cam’s financial burden would allow for that. But there again, who’s your quarterback at that point?

Archived