• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Cam Contract Extension Possibility

CanadianCat

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Cam will hold out if tagged. You can quote me on that. 

I think if you get into a hold out situation with your franchise QB the relationship is already dead. I think if that happens Cam gets traded right away for anything we can get. 

Can you imagine how this board would react if Cam held out.... 

The personality that is Cam Newton, I firmly believe he'll take a team friendly deal to stay here.  He is like no other player or person that's been in the NFL before.  He rolls to the beat of his own drum and even though many of his doubters say otherwise, he is extremely passionate about winning, and 'winning my way'.   He is hard headed on determining how he feels and performs, clearly seen with him saying he was okay throughout the years even though he was hiding his injuries...I firmly believe he will go against what others tell him and take the one year 'prove it' deal from the Panthers to stay here, as long as he clears their medical evaluation.  He'll bet on himself big time and I hope he comes out with a fat contract from us after that. 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, Raleigh PF said:

As Mr. Scot said, if you are Cam, why would you agree to such a contract? Remember, there are teams willing to trade for him. 

There are teams willing to trade for him now sure. Because he is basically going to be on a $19MM prove it deal with no future risk. And saying teams are willing to trade doesn’t really mean poo anyway. You think this is Madden and we will get two firsts for him you’re nuts. People are probably talking like a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick or something combination of the three. 

6 minutes ago, Montsta said:

There are teams willing to trade for him now sure. Because he is basically going to be on a $19MM prove it deal with no future risk. And saying teams are willing to trade doesn’t really mean poo anyway. You think this is Madden and we will get two firsts for him you’re nuts. People are probably talking like a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick or something combination of the three. 

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. At NO point did I infer that trading Cam would net us a bounty of picks, including a first-rounder. I agree it's more likely to be 2nd day pick(s). Go find some other Madden fan-boy to take out your frustrations.

But, there will be a market for Cam. I'm sure the teams look at Cam as a minimal risk, considering some of the other QB options out there. He had a shoulder injury that was not a factor in the two games he played this year. Now that he's had surgery, there is a good chance he recovers from that. His $19M contract for next year is a bargain provided Cam plays to the contract. I think it unlikely he will. I've advocated for a contract extension from the Panthers considering this is as cheap as the Panthers are likely going to be able to pay Cam, considering the injury history. But again, it's just speculation.

Archived