• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New HC and future at QB

ncfan

New HC and QB going forward  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the bigger draw for a new HC

• Cam (even with his uncertainty)
    • Kyle Allen/Grier

Heard this argument the other day on the radio?

QB situation is one thing that a coaching candidate will look for when trying to gey a job with a team.  The most important position on a team, unless there is a plan at that position.  That HC job will not be attractive.

Our Current situation looks like 2 things, keep Cam or build around one of the other 2 QBs.  So right now, your a highly sout after coaching candidate.  Whichnis more appealing to you going forward and going to convince you This is the job you want over another one where they have something at QB.

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Heard this argument the other day on the radio?

QB situation is one thing that a coaching candidate will look for when trying to gey a job with a team.  The most important position on a team, unless there is a plan at that position.  That HC job will not be attractive.

Our Current situation looks like 2 things, keep Cam or build around one of the other 2 QBs.  So right now, your a highly sout after coaching candidate.  Whichnis more appealing to you going forward and going to convince you This is the job you want over another one where they have something at QB.

Or option 3. The coach coming in makes a splash moves up to top spot to take qb they want?

Honestly, this is probably one of the first things I'm asking any prospective HC or GM candidate I'm seriously considering if I'm Tepper. How are you gonna handle this QB situation?

I'd lay all my cards on the table in terms of everything I knew about the situation in terms of Cam's current health, the opinion on future prognosis from the medical team, what Cam is wanting in terms of potential contract extension, etc. and simply ask them, "Well, what are you gonna do?"

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, this is probably one of the first things I'm asking any prospective HC or GM candidate I'm seriously considering if I'm Tepper. How are you gonna handle this QB situation?

I'd lay all my cards on the table in terms of everything I knew about the situation in terms of Cam's current health, the opinion on future prognosis from the medical team, what Cam is wanting in terms of potential contract extension, etc. and simply ask them, "Well, what are you gonna do?"

Here's the thing 

All of that falls on the GM

Thats why this argument came up.  Coaching Candidates will be the ones asking Tepper and Hurney this.  I get it, its a "Head Coaching" job and the money.  But guys arent going to step into something they think could set them up to fail.  They want to know what they will be dealing with and have to work with were they to take this job.  

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Here's the thing 

All of that falls on the GM

Thats why this argument came up.  Coaching Candidates will be the ones asking Tepper and Hurney this.  I get it, its a "Head Coaching" job and the money.  But guys arent going to step into something they think could set them up to fail.  They want to know what they will be dealing with and have to work with were they to take this job.  

But I think I want my HC and GM to be 100% on the same page on this one. You're off to a really bad professional relationship if they aren't.

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Suprisingly no.

Some still argue just the question marks surrounding Cam's health

I just don't view the Allen/Grier situation as much of a pitch from a "future of the position" perspective, I suppose. With Cam you have a valid pitch, although you are going to have to temper their doubts on the injury(assuming the team doesn't have the same doubts). 

I would think a chance to draft a QB would be more attractive than the Allen/Grier pitch, TBH.

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dumb poll. I like Allen and Grier might be good but Cam is still the most proven. 

You and Ron Rivera might be the only two people left on the face of this Earth who think the stars could align in such a fashion that Kyle Allen becomes a legitimate long-term starting NFL QB.

Archived