• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Signs 5 Year Deal With Washington

bobsfoodbasics

14 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Imagine being a Skins or Browns fan and your team hires Ron Rivera and Mike McCarthy.

2 of the least inspiring candidates out there.

2 proven commodities, you know what your getting. Do not kid yourself, we will probably have a coach with no track record or idea of their leadership skills. Giants are now interviewing McCarthy. I think we are in trouble.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Once Rivera is officially signed, he can start hiring assistants. It'll be interesting to see who he wants and who follows him from his former Panthers staff.

His old buddy Steve Wilks and prior linebacker coach Al Holcomb have both been let go from Cleveland, so it would be easy to see them landing in Washington 

We havent officially fired any assistants. 

Just now, philit99 said:

2 proven commodities, you know what your getting. Do not kid yourself, we will probably have a coach with no track record or idea of their leadership skills. Giants are now interviewing McCarthy. I think we are in trouble.

Yep complacent losing and letting teams come back game after hand along with clock and injury mismanagement who wouldn’t want that proven record of the above am I right? 

Why is everyone acting like Rivera was a good coach serious question name one thing he did that improved the team 

Good for Rivera. He did some fantastic work during his time here in Carolina. Congrats to him. His time was definitely up in Carolina. Redskins finally have a good HC and he will help build a fantastic defense there with who they already have there.

Now, it’s actually pretty hilarious to see Panthers fans joke about Rivera and the Redskins. We are in a much worse situation right now in Carolina than Washington. From not knowing the direction of this team under Tepper, not knowing who our QB is, who will be the next HC and still having Hurney run this team. Panthers fans can laugh all y’all want. From what I know and that’s very little, but seems like no one even want this Panthers HC job. 

2 minutes ago, WoahW said:

Yep complacent losing and letting teams come back game after hand along with clock and injury mismanagement who wouldn’t want that proven record of the above am I right? 

Why is everyone acting like Rivera was a good coach serious question name one thing he did that improved the team 

I’m not, I’m saying you know what you are going to get, and what we end up with will be an unproven commodity. I know what your saying I’m not defending Rivera, I am just saying, if we go the new face 1st time head coach route, be prepare to wait two to three years.

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

We havent officially fired any assistants. 

You don't necessarily have to. Assistant contracts are generally short, sometimes even shorter when the coach is on thin ice.

And it's not like we have an All-Star coaching staff. There's nobody I could think of who I'd assumed to be in huge demand by Rivera's replacement.

If anybody wants to follow him, I don't really see the Panthers blocking it.

25 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Imagine being a Skins or Browns fan and your team hires Ron Rivera and Mike McCarthy.

2 of the least inspiring candidates out there.

Wtf—- I don’t know how you would put Ron  and Mike McCarthy in the same sentence.  Green Bay had good seasons most years and was a couple of Aaron Rodgers chokes away from doing much more.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't necessarily have to. Assistant contracts are generally short, sometimes even shorter when the coach is on thin ice.

And it's not like we have an All-Star coaching staff. There's nobody I could think of who I'd assumed to be in huge demand by Rivera's replacement.

But point still stands cant go until they are released here. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably Tepper counting on getting out of any remaining contracts without spending a dime.  " Oh you want to go to DC ?  Sign this paper ."

Archived